CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2: Strangers are not meant to be trusted.

The past 7 days had been of glory so far. The husband had been gentle with me so lenient. I fell in love with him. There was a day when I almost told him I loved him. He called after every 2 hours to check if I was fine.

My friend said I did not love him, I was using him to fill the gap of a father daughter relationship. It may have been the truth, but I was against it. I wanted to believe there was more to what he was showing me.

I thought maybe it was now my breakpoint, time to be free from pain. I even pushed back the fact that he was older than my parents. Speaking of which, they were not calling to check if I was fine.

It's like I had no one, I felt so lost and lonely. I decided to go to the beach to feel the breeze and have serenity. I went to play with sand and did what I used to do when I was 5 years old. I was innocent that time, I felt protected from the cruel world.

My parents were loving back then. We used to go on family vacations, but that ended. When I turned 18 years old, they said I was old to look after myself. I remember that day like today.

I was happy that I finally wrote my last paper in grade 12 that time. I was happier that finally I was going to tertiary. At the same time, they stole my dream and shut my mind when my father told me they were leaving me to Nigeria.

I did not know Nigeria would change my parents to be cruel. The following year, I went to fetch my matric certificate. I was happy, I was already accepted in college and had a scholarship. Had I known I was going to tear that certificate myself.

I was happy to show my parents the results and sad they were in Nigeria, not with me to witness my happiness. Nonetheless, I went home singing. I was a free woman only to find out later that my home would turn into a prison to me.

I found them sitting on the couch, and my father took the certificate and tore it into pieces. I was shocked. He then locked the doors, and that was when I was kept prison in my own home. I was brought from spacing out by a male figure in front of me.

I looked up to see my husband. I loved this man no matter the age. I hugged him like there was never tomorrow. I then did what I would not think I would do myself. I kissed that man who forcely married me.

People change he loves me, and now I can forget that. I thought to myself. I was so happy to see my man. "Someone missed me."He baby kissed me and smiled. "I really did, I was lonely in your big house."

He smirked after he brushed his pot belly. I wouldn't lie that pot belly annoyed me and reminded me he was old. I would love him he rescued me from my monster parents. "I am hungry. Let's go home."

We arrived home after a few minutes, and my man prepared something to eat even though I offered to prepare for him. "Boss, it's time." The scary man disturbed me from asking my husband why he was home before two weeks ended.

I looked at my husband, his body tensed . His eyes were dark, and he shifted his eyes from me. I could tell something was not right . "Is everything okay? Are you okay, baby?"

The scay man chuckled. I did not mind him. Maybe he was surprised by the pet name I gave his boss. " I would refrain myself from doing what you are doing if I was you, boss lady." The scary said the last word sarcastically.

I swallowed my saliva. The next thing I saw was that I saw bodyguards carrying my suitcase, and those people meant business. They were not pushing my suitcases but pushing them! I was confused. Where was I going now?

Another rhetorical question that I was tired of. "What is happening here?" I finally got the courage to ask. "The usual you are being shipped again." My husband shrugged. " Please don't do this, my husband." I emphasized the word 'husband ', hoping he would wake up from dreaming.