Haunted Leg

The first week back at school had come and gone. Friday had approached the Gilmore house and Lorelai was seething. 

Monday had been Rory's swearing in ceremony and the ice between Emily and Lorelai had yet to thaw. Emily had then taken it upon herself to convince their mother to try to get back together with Christopher. That resulted in a screaming match inside Luke's and an unhappy Lorelai the rest of the week.

Rory started student government and realized that most people hated Paris. 

Gen's cross-country practices were going fairly well. They had a great team this year of about six girls on varsity and five on junior varsity. Bailey, who also was on the cross-country team, was Gen's co-captain and the two worked great together. 

Now, it was about five-thirty, and the trio of Gilmore Girls were getting ready for Friday Night Dinner. Gen had picked out a pink summer dress with white polka dots scattered around. She paired that with white heels and added a headband through her curls. Putting some mascara on, the girl could hear her mother and Rory downstairs. 

Grabbing her white purse and turning off her bedroom lights, Gen made her way down the stairs where she heard the tail end of Rory and her mother's conversation. 

"I heard through my spies you're taking my daughter to dinner!" 

"Whose taking whose daughter to dinner?" Gen asked meeting Rory and Lorelai who were finishing up getting ready. 

"My mother." Lorelia replied, not helpfully. 

Luckily Rory appeared from the kitchen. "Mom is complaining because she doesn't want to go to Friday Night Dinner, and she thinks that grandma has spies placed around Stars Hallow to keep track and control over our lives." 

Gen shrugged. "Seems fair, but we really should get going if we want to beat traffic." 

"Don't make me go!" Lorelai whined putting a necklace around her neck. 

Giggling to herself and slipping on a coat, Gen gave a look to Rory who shrugged. "She's your mom." the girl said pointing out the obvious. 

"Yes, but she's your grandmother." Lorelai replied. 

Gen opened her mouth to respond, when the phone rang. "Don't get that it might be her." Lorelai said. 

"I don't think she'd call when we're supposed to be over there in half an hour." Rory spoke thoughtfully. 

It wasn't Emily, but Kirk. "Hello? Hello?" 

Rory and Gen looked at each other again and tried holding back the giggles that were slowly rising. 

Lorelai, on the other hand, looked exasperated. 

"The answering machine confused him." She pointed out wrinkling her eyebrows. 

"That is who is going to be our new daddy! I wonder if he'll buy me a pony." Gen exclaimed. 

Lorelai grumbled. "My life stinks." 

Patting her back to cheer her up, Rory said. "I'd consider adoption if I were you." That caused Gen to laugh out loud. 

"Hey! Why don't we look into each other's eyes and say, 'I wish I were you' really fast maybe we'd pull a Freaky Friday with all three of us." Lorelai brightly said. 

Rory's eyes widened and Gen pondered the idea. It wasn't too bad. Gen could become Lorelai, Lorelai could become Rory, and Rory could become Gen. At least she wouldn't have to make out with Dean. 

"Or...we can just pretend. I can go around acting really immature and snarky. Oh wait!" Gen replied sarcastically. 

"I can't believe you won't switch bodies with me! Remember who birthed you and clothed you." Lorelai tutted.