● Save your Tears

~FEW WEEKS LATER

Nobita and Dekisugi always found time to go on their little dates. An escape from this crowded, troubled world, just them, just two of them.

"I will take chocolate"

"I will take bubblegum"

"Jesus Christ"

"What?" Nobita chuckled as Dekisugi stared at him with questionable eyes.

"Are You kidding? There is a bubblegum flavor?"

"It says so"

"Have you ever had it?"

"No?"

"Great, I bet this money gonna go down in drain"

"Nothing wrong in trying something new"

Dekisugi sighed as they were handed their respective ice creams. His was plain chocolate while Nobita's was...blue...

*"That looks....unique"* He gulped.

"Mhmm this is good," Nobita said while he closed his eyes.

"Stop overreacting" Dekisugi hissed.

"I see someone is eyeing my ice cream"

"No, I am not-" Nobita placed his ice cream in front of Dekisugi.

"You can have a bite"

"It can't be that good-"

It was good, much better than the plain chocolate flavor.

"See?"

"Mine's good too"

"I never said it wasn't"

"You didn't even taste it"

"I know mine's better"

"Oh fuck off"

They giggled. It was always heartbreaking when they had to part ways, back to playing and pretending.

~NEXT DAY:

The results of the olympiad were announced, and Nobita stood first, the second position was bagged by Tommie, third by Ida, and fourth by Akira.

During the morning assembly, Nobita was called to receive his prize and Dekisugi couldn't be happier.

Nobita's happiness was his, that's all that mattered, until,

He saw his mother standing in front of the Principal's office.

Dekisugi froze as his eyes met his mother's. He couldn't see anything besides anger and disappointment. His hands started shaking, he didn't tell her about his not participating.

*"God...how? Why- Why is she here? She never came before...why today? What -what should I do?"*

Dekisugi's mind was clouded. He was done for, he knew it.

As the assembly was over, Dekisugi was called to the principal office, with his bag.

"Sit Dekisugi"

Principal said politely.

Dekisugi hesitantly sat beside his mother, who didn't spare an eye on him.

Her poker face said it all, she was enraged.

"Dekisugi was the most intelligent and well-mannered kid in the 11th form, it's a shame we have to say goodbye"

Dekisugi's eyes shot up in horror. His brain couldn't comprehend what he heard.

"Wha-what? Mom? I didn't know that?!"

"Yeah, just like I didn't know you stopped studying"

"Mam, Dekisugi just missed this olympiad, he said he wasn't well,"

"He wasn't well? Really? With whose permission he was allowed to miss it?" The woman spoke in a cold tone.

"Mam, we fully trust Dekisugi with his words, not only he is extremely intelligent, but also well-mannered and disciplined, we never had any complaints about him,"

"Oh stop praising him, I know what he is"

Dekisugi's eyes were moist, he didn't know what to say or to argue about. His parents were making such a big decision, and he despite being their only son, wasn't even aware.

"Mam-"

"I will take the Transfer certificate"

"Where are we going, mom?" Dekisugi asked in a low voice.

"We are shifting to the USA, we have been planning it for a long time now,"

"But I don't want to..." A tear rolled down Dekisugi's cheek.

"We don't require your permission," she said with a stern voice, "I think it's for the best, considering how you no longer even try to stand first"

Those words pierced Dekisugi's heart, for a moment he thought about it, had he stopped trying?

Principal cleared her throat, "Dekisugi, would you like to bid your classmates goodbye?"

Dekisugi froze, he didn't dare to face Nobita and Ida, the only two people he cared about. But he couldn't just leave without a word.

The door creaked open, it was Mrs. Yuri, who also seemed to be in a gloomy mood, after all, students like Dekisugi were rare.

"Oh! How much I will miss you Dekisugi! It was a pleasure teaching you"

"It was a blessing to be taught by you, mam"

Dekisugi fixed his composure and replied in a pleasant voice, his tears had dried up on his cheek, and he smiled with his eyes, as his heart bled.

The only joy he ever found was Nobita, whom he loved, and Ida whom he adored, now they both were taken away from him.

And he no longer knew how to live again.

"Let's say goodbye to our friends then?"