5.

Damon was restless. Mariella had settled in well with the pack. She had gone shopping with Adam and Charles, and it had turned out that Charles was Mariella's protector, whereas Damon was Mimi's. Damon didn't know how to react. He understood now why he had always been so protective of Mimi, always wanting to help, to heal.

He had not gotten his radar open and what Mariella had told him, it would become active once Mimi would need him. But then again, Mimi had taken him not to be her doctor. She had changed her last name, given him some houses, and taken some houses for herself. She was preparing for a divorce and Damon was not going to divorce her.

This uneasy feeling was somehow familiar. But he just couldn't get a grip. Mariella looked at Damon. Now, for the last three days, Damon was restless. He couldn't stand still, pacing around like he was looking for something, looking out the window, furrowing his brow.

" What's wrong with you, honey?" Mariella asked.

Mariella had her suspicions, but she needed to take this easy. Mimi was still a sore subject for him and she tried to make him realize his feelings for Mimi, too.

Damon turned around and came over to kiss Mariella. The kiss was passionate and held the promise of something more intense, but Mariella knew the session would be shorter than normal and Damon would find some excuse to get out of bed.

This was because Mimi needed him, and Protector instinct and Radar were coming to the surface. Again, diplomacy was needed. This would be a big deal to Damon, too. Extra responsibility to him to care for Mimi and time would only tell how this would go. But this was something that was decided by higher powers. That Damon is Mimi's protector.

Damon smiled and said, " Nothing, kind of uneasy, familiar, but now I can't remember when I've experienced this. You see, while mine and Damien's memories are still separating." Damon smiled. " Don't you worry, it'll be fine. My mind is sometimes a little messed up because everything is organized a whole new way and getting in shape. I am a work in progress."

Mariella said, "I think it's Mimi that's bothering you. Your protector instinct and possibly your radar is about to activate dear, meaning, she is in trouble."

Damon raised his eyebrows. No way. He hadn't thought about Mimi in ages now, Damon reckoned, a couple of months. Not since Mimi had turned around and walked away and changed her last name. And everything else, too. He knew that he felt something for Mimi, but then again, the memory of Damien's obsession with her came back too, or the ghost feeling of that and it all made him even more confused about what his feelings were and what was Damiens.

Damon said, " Well, it's not Mimi. I haven't thought about her for months. Maybe I'm just confused, too."

Mariella said, "Fine, you have problems with your feelings and those that Damien. I am going to go and make a potion that will clear up all of Damien's influence and mark his memories so you will have certainty about what is yours and what was his."

Before Damon could react, she had dressed herself and gone to make a potion. Damon sighed. He had put on jeans; he was topless, looking out of the window, like trying to sense something. Soon Mariella returned with a little bottle. Damon did not ask anything, but swallowed it. His mind was a whirlwind of activity and he distracted himself by throwing his wife into bed and fucking her brains out.

After 18 hours, Damon got up, they went to shower, and Damon started to show her what else could be done other than just have sex. He showed her cooking and, a few basic techniques and got Adam and Charles to participate too.

Damon was getting more and more agitated and restless. Now, they hadn't had sex in almost 24 hours. Damon had made Mariella watch while Adam and Charles made pancakes and crepes. Mariella was eager to taste everything and even Mimi had picked most berries from the garden, fridge was quite full of them.