𝟎𝟔𝟑. 𝐠𝐚𝐲

𝖳𝗐𝗈 𝖽𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾⎯⎯  𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖣𝖺𝗒

𝕵une walks over to the couch, already dreading the fact that in two days she will be back home.

Never could she have ever imagined that home would become a place that she'd avoid, that she'd run from.

Never could she have ever imagined that the boy she's spent years yearning over, wanting and crying herself to sleep over would be the catalyst of her growing disdain for the place she grew up.

It's sad to think about how much she hates her childhood home at this point because what has that house ever given her? Sure, she's found a lifelong friendship there with Luke, a family — she knows that if it weren't for the Hugheses then she would have surely grown up very lonely, what with her mother usually busy with work, her grandfather visiting on special occasions because he has his own business to look after and her father pretending she doesn't exist (not that she wants him around anymore — well, she does but she really just wants a dad) and almost no close friends from school keeping her company.

She found people who were willing to accept and love her the way she is.

She found Jack.

And oh how lucky she is for that opportunity, she could never regret meeting him but loving him to the point where all that's on her mind all day is thoughts of him, him, him?

Now, that is simply tragic.

She misses him terribly.

And there has not been a day since she arrived at Flint that she has not cried over him.

Except now her tears are not being shed for what he could be to her but now, her heart is breaking for what he cannot be to her.

He wants to talk, sure. Yet how could she, after years of living in the shadow of everyone he's loved and cherished, ever hope to be one of them?

And even worse, how could she hope to be the only one for him?

Because this summer has made one thing painfully clear for her, she is incapable of ever moving on from Jack.

Her love for him might dim over time if her worst fears are true and he truly does not plan on choosing her but she will never really let go of the idea of what they could've been.