twenty eight

“mark.” a loud utter filled the place. i got up my bed and looked around the shattered place.

“what the fuck... where's haechan?”

“i don't fucking know, i don’t know...” sobs johnny. together with him was ten and jisung, looking so disheveled and distraught.

my heart races in nervousness. “what do you mean?”

“they fucking outnumbered us.”

i pin him to the wall. i'm not even kidding when i say i'm angry because first, my haechan is gone and second, what does he mean outnumbered? i'm not in the mood for jokes.

the other gang, mark! the fucking other gang! haechan’s mom.”

i step back, halted as i analyze everything. “what do you mean?”

“they went here, mark! they shot the guards, they sneakily went here and... brought a silencer gun. they... were so sneaky and silent that we didn't even notice everything happening—”

“haechan hyung shouldn't be hurt.” cries jisung.

a loud voice comes in too, saying, “they broke the cameras too.” it was renjun.

i was so lost but i shouldn't be this lost. i pick up my gun and wore my jacket over.

i have to find him. i need to find my boyfriend. he can't be hurt! not when i promised i will keep him by my side no matter what!

“we already searched all over the place.” taeil pants, reaching over me with a worried face. “think rationally, mark. being spontaneous won't do you no good.”

i did not listen. i ran to the garage, not even minding jaemin and jeno who are busy tracking something. in my head, i didn't even hear johnny calling me. i can't even see anything else.

all i want is my haechan.

“mark.” it's just now that i realized ten's beside me already. “mark—”

i swallow the lump in my throat, “i promise i will find him, hyung.”

i can't cry when everyone's already lost.

“we found this.” he said and gave me a piece of paper.

it got my brows furrowed in confusion. “what is this?”

“it was haechan. i know his handwriting.”

hi.

i know i got everyone confused but i want you to know that this is my own will. i want to go with them. i want to be with my mom. i'm sorry for not telling you beforehand.

it fell off my hands. “i know him. he wouldn't write this letter and he wouldn't leave without saying anything.”

“i know, i know...” ten cried even more. “but i also know that haechan wished to see his mom atleast once. that's why i'm so lost, mark. i don't know what to believe anymore.”

i shake my head. this isn't him. this couldn't be him. i know haechan dislikes his mom because she dumped her. i don't accept the fact that haechan went there by himself.

“i'm going to find him—”

a loud explosive sound bursted.

fuck.

“ten! duck!” i hear johnny.

i pulled hyung far from the car and watched it burn. fuck. someone put an explosive on my car.