A book

*Malcolm's Pov*
I walked back to my cabin. I wasn't tired so I decided to stay up. I grabbed a book and sat on my bed reading. My siblings were all working on different projects. Bonus of being a child of Athena, you are a night owl.

The book was about 63 chapters long. At 3am I was finished the book. I put it in my pile and fell asleep almost instantly. Curse demigod dreams.

My dad was pacing his office in the bookstore. He had a paper in his hand and just kept on reading it and reading it. After what seemed like forever my dad stopped dead in his tracks.

"What am I going to do?" He asked himself sitting down on the couch. It wad a plane couch. It was grey and had two pillows on it. The office was made of dark wood. The desk, the walls, the floor, even the ceiling. What happened? The scene shifted and I saw my dad kneeling at a grave. I took a better look and it was my step mom's grave. But she wasn't dead, right.

"Oh gods, I miss you so much Kali." My dad sobbed. Athena appeared before me.

"Hello my child, you know stuff doesn't work out." She said. I was about to respond but the scene shifted again. I was in New Rome. Panic roared inside me. Percy and Annabeth were here. Going to college. I turned and saw Annabeth kneeling over Percy's limp body.

"Seaweed brain don't leave me, please I need you." Annabeth yelled. Percy's eyes fluttered open and Annabeth hugged him. I was so glad but the scene shifted again.

I was back at my dad's office. He was talking to some people who looked professional.

"I'm sorry but the bookstore has to close down." One of the men said. My dad had a defeated face. The two men gave him some papers and left.

"First Kali now this." He said aloud. I wanted to hug him and comfort him but I couldn't move. "Malcolm I miss you so much, I hope you are having a great time at camp half-blood." He said looking out the window. Was this true? Did all of this happen? Was my step mom dead? What is going to happen to the bookstore I grew up in?

I woke up in a cold sweat. Annabeth and Percy, my dad, my step mom, and my mom what did this all mean? I looked at the clock and I slept in till 12. I got up and got dressed into a new camp t-shirt and shorts. I walked out of my cabin and headed to the lake. I didn't have an appetite. I sat on the dock and stared out into the water. What did Athena mean when she said 'You know stuff doesn't work out'. I zoned out trying to wrack my brain around this.

Someone sat beside me but I had no idea who. They placed a hand on my shoulder. I finally looked over and it was Leo.

"You ok, you were zoned out completely I kept calling your name." He explained.

"No I'm not fine." I admitted.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked. I sighed and told him about the dream. He was a good listener.

"I'm just scared, I feel like something is coming." I explained.

"Well let's hope Percy and Annabeth are okay but I really have no idea what that dream could mean." He stared into the water.

"Thanks for listening." I said after a minute.

"Of course, I'm always here if you need someone to talk too." He put a hand on my shoulder. I smiled and he returned it.

We talked for a bit before Piper called him over. He said good bye and left to where Piper was. I didn't move. I sat there staring at the water again.

"You really like that water huh?" Connor asked spawning out of nowhere. He sat beside me.

"I guess I do." I said. He chuckled.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a dream." I explained.

"Oh, you wanna talk about it?" He asked. I could tell he was nervous. His body language said so. I explained to him the dream.

"Please don't tell anyone, I'm trying to figure out what it all means." I explained.

"Of course, I won't tell a soul no even Travis." He held up a pinky. I chuckled and laced my pinky with his. We shook our hands. I pulled away and stared back into the water. My stomach growled.

"Come on smarty pants let's get you some food." He got up. He held out a hand and I took it. His hands were soft and warm. We walked to the dining pavilion and split ways. I was disappointed when we had to spilt. I sat down next to my siblings and ate my lunch. I glanced at Connor and caught his eyes. He winked and went back to stuffing his face with French fries. I finished my lunch and left to where the green house was. It was almost done. Plants were already in there. Grover was talking with Katie. Katie saw me and waved me over. I walked over.

"How'd you sleep?" Katie asked.

"Good." I lied. She nodded.

"How are you liking the green house so far?" Katie asked.

"It's beautiful and full of life." I admired the structure. An owl landed on top of the green house. Weird owls don't come out during the day. Grover and Katie said nothing about it.

I was about to ask Grover if the wild had been acting up but the owl spoke. "Plans sometimes never work out." The owl flew away. I was so confused. What was happening. Grover and Katie didn't react and that voice was loud and sounded ancient. I had a bad feeling about that owl.