An owl

*Connor's Pov*
I sat in the strawberry fields with Malcolm at my side reading a book about owls. Ever since a week ago, when he told me about his dream, he's been fussing over owls. He talks about then non stop. The day after the dream we found out that Camp Jupiter was attacked by all kinds of monsters. Percy got hurt but is resting. That's the last thing we heard anyway. I was so bored. I fell back onto the grass and looked at the clouds. They were white and big. One looked like a snake and another an owl. The were right next to each other too.

"What are you doing?" Malcolm asked. He set his book down beside him.

"Looking at the clouds." I pointed to the snake and owl. Malcolm looked up and squinted. He looked so cute when he did that. Malcolm's face turned to concerned then to relaxed. He fell back on the grass.

"That's a snake and an owl, both of our parents sacred animals." Malcolm explained. It didn't click till then.

"Oh right, that's cool!" I laughed. Malcolm chuckled at that. I turned my head so I could look at him and gave him a smile which he returned.

"Are we friends?" Malcolm asked out of the blue. I was stunned.

"Y-yeah why?" I asked.

"I don't know you just seem so cool and confident and I'm shy and weird." He admitted. I sat up quickly.

"One, you are so cool and two I might seem confident but sometimes I'm not. I'm not saying I'm not overly confident at times but yeah sometimes I'm scared, that's life." I explained. He sat up and had a shocked and confused face on.

He opened his mouth but no words came out. I titled my head on confusion. He smiled. He looks so cute when he smiles!

He took a deep breath. "You are really good at giving advice." He finally said.

"Well you have to be when you cabin has the most campers in it." I explained.

"It must suck to have so many campers." He said aloud.

"No it isn't." I admitted. He looked confused and titled his head. I almost fainted right there. "You make a lot of friends and you always have someone to talk to when you need it. I, being an extrovert love meeting new people and especially the ones who are confused and scared."

"I never thought about it that way." He replied.

"Not a lot of people do but hey people have there own opinions." I shrugged. He laughed and stood up. He extended a hand. I took it and he hoisted me up. That touch of his hands left butterflies in my stomach. He let go quickly.

Suddenly an owl appeared out of thin air and was flying right in front of us. Malcolm looked concerned.

"Hey buddy, whatca doing out in the day time?" I asked. He hooted and flew in the direction of the woods. It stopped and looked back waiting for us to follow.

"I have a bad feeling about that owl, don't follow it." Malcolm ordered. I nodded slightly. The owl became impatient and flew off.

"Do we tell Chiron?" I asked.

"I'm going to, you go to your cabin or whatever." He walked off to the big house. I looked down and he left his book. I grabbed it and brought it over to the Athena cabin. An Athena kid took it because they didn't trust me in there cabin. Understandable. I walked back to my cabin and grabbed Bush out of his cage. It slithered up my arm and down again. The whole Hermes cabin was filled with snakes.

"You can't always steal everything." Bush said. I thought I imagined it but it kept repeating it over and over. Hermes kids can't talk to snakes sadly. It stopped and slithered off to his snake friends. What the heck just happened? I laid down and fell asleep almost instantly. Of course a dream.

Hermes and Athena were standing before Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades.

"Now Athena tell me who have you picked?" Zeus asked.

"Malcolm Pace." She said.

"And you?" Zeus turned to face Hermes.

"My son, Connor Stoll." He said. He did finger guns at Zeus. Athena smacked him in the back of the head.

"Zeus I don't think this is wise to let them deal with this big of a threat." Athena said. Her voice was filled with concern.

"I'm with Athena on this one brother, it really seems dumb." Poseidon agreed.

"Silence!" Zeus demanded. "They will do as you both ask."

"This is going to be fun." Hades smiled. It was weird to see Hades smile.

"Oh yes it is." Zeus agreed. The scene shifted to Hermes standing in front of me. We were in a dark field. The stars sparkled in the moon light.

"A big threat is coming your way good luck son and tell Chiron of this he'll know what to do." Hermes explained.

I woke up to my brother throwing a shoe at my head.

"Travis!" I yelled.

"Come on its dinner." He complained. Dinner? I fell asleep right before lunch. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I stood up and walked out of my cabin. After dinner I had to tell Chiron of the dream. I had too.