Mother's Day

They were so small in her arms.

She couldn't remember the last time she held a newborn. Let alone two.

They were tiny. Small. Unbelievably small.

And they were her children.

She couldn't quite wrap her head around it. Most of the doubt that clung to her during the whole thing still lingered. But it was hard to doubt the agonizing hours she went through earlier and what she was told when she was lucid enough to talk.

She didn't want to believe it, but it was hard to deny it at this point.

And it made her feel so much worse.

A part of her knew she should feel happy about being a mother, but the overwhelming realization of the twins' fates here drowned all her feelings of joy and happiness.

How could she raise two small babies in a place like this?! She could barely keep her sanity intact every day! How was she supposed to be a mother who could barely hold on to what she had while worrying what new horrors awaited just around the corner?!

Her breathing hitched, hugging her children, her CHILDREN, as close as she could hold them in her arms.

How was she going to keep them safe?

🎪

About two weeks after the twins were born, everyone finally got a chance to see them.

Contracting sickness or diseases wasn't possible in the Digital Circus, but Pomni still appreciated the space everyone gave her when the twins were born.

"They're so small~!" Gangle squealed out, cooing at the tiny babies. "Aaaawwwwww~! Ragatha was right! They are a mini version of you and Jax!"

"Which means we need to keep an eye on this one." Zooble stated, eyeing the bundle that held a tiny white rabbit in it. "No doubt they're just going to turn out like him as soon as she can crawl."

"What a charming complement, Zooby." Jax said, grinning up at the mix-and-match. "Bet you're excited to see what we'll cook up in the future."

Zooble casually flipped the bird at him. "And how are you feeling, Pomni? You still sore?"

"A little." Pomni mustered a small smile, making sure not to move too much. "It's a little more tolerable now than it was at first."

"Can I hold one of them?!" Gangle was partially bouncing up and down. "Can I?! Please Pomni?!"

"Oh, uh," Pomni looked down at the twins. The tiny bundles in her arms were fast asleep, twitching a few times here and there.

They looked so peaceful. She really didn't want to disturb them, but at the same time, she didn't want to say no to Gangle.

"Well... as long as you're careful." Gangle let out another squeal, clapping her ribbons together and over the moon as Pomni carefully handed her the eldest twin.

"Hi there~! Hi~!" Gangle cooed down at the baby, her eyes shaping into stars as sparkles glittered around her head. "You're so tiny~! A tiny mini version of your mommy!"

Pomni didn't know why she flinched, or why her heart ached just a bit hearing Gangle call her that. She pushed it aside, turning to Zooble. "Do you want to hold her?" She offered.

A look of surprise crossed Zooble's face. "I-uh, y-you sure? I'm not... you know." They motioned to themselves, pointing at their limbs and such.

"I'm sure it's fine. You can hold her. I-If you want to, that is. No pressure."