𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐨 𝐈 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬.
March 8 1997

Dumbledore tracked Potter back to England. His reputation was shot. His dark deeds made public. The DMLE was actually hunting for him forcing him to wear a glamour when out and about in England. It was outrageous that they would consider him a criminal! Everything he had done was for the greater good. He needed to be in control so he could lead them into his perfect vision of the future where everyone followed his edicts and lived peacefully together in the Light.

That was all gone now. There would be no perfect society led by his wisdom. Potter and Riddle had destroyed the future. All that mattered now was destroying those that had destroyed what he had striven to achieve his entire life. He used the last of the blood and hair to track Potter down.

He appeared in the small market town of Dylan. Witches, wizards, dwarves, centaurs, veela and other magical beings thronged around the large tents and merchant stalls. Mouthwatering smells wafted from the scattered food tents. Dumbledore ignored it all except to rail silently about how the crowd hid his prey from him.

He moved through the crowed intently searching. Finally, after half an hour of enduring being touched and jostled by the masses he saw her.

She was with two dark skinned young men and a pale, delicate looking young woman. Dumbledore sneered. Did she think she could traipse about England without worry? Did she think he was not going to punish her for what she'd done? Did she think he'd fade quietly away? She destroyed his reputation, undermined his goals, refused to sacrifice herself so he could kill Riddle. Now she thought she could just traipse about without fear of reprisal? He touched the pin on his robe calling his temporary allies to him.

Talking Bellatrix and the others into betraying their Lord by killing Potter had been quite entertaining. Oh they had hated cooperating with him on anything, but their desire to get the Dark Lord out from under Potter's influence had forced them to work with him temporarily. He had no doubt that as soon as Potter was dead they would turn on him. That was fine. He was ready for them after all, if the Dark Lord himself couldn't defeat him, what hope did his groveling minions have especially with him wielding the undefeatable Elder wand?

He timed his first spell for the arrival of the others. The joyful mood of the market was shattered by the arrival of nearly twenty dark robed figures with white masks. Spells shot through the crowd hitting innocent shoppers as they all tried to hit Potter.

People began screaming and wailing as they ran for safety. They shoved each other, trampling on those that fell as they tried to escape from the mass of Death Eaters that had appeared without warning.

A cutting curse hit her shoulder staggering her. Instinctively, Hari flung a shield around her, Nessie, Jacob and Seth even as she scanned for the attackers and the others in her group. Worried about the market goers, She flung a widespread Stupefy dropping the panicking bystanders out of the way of Death Eater fire.

~Tom, what the hell? Death Eaters are attacking us!~

~WHAT? Where are you?~ Fury laced his mental voice at the very idea of his own followers attacking his beloved. He would kill them all for the betrayal! If his child was harmed, he would kill their entire family in retribution before killing them.

~Dylan Market. Bellatrix is definitely one of them.~

She kept casting and deflecting spells that took down her shield while talking. She flung another shield up just in time to stop a virulent dark purple spell. Jacob and Seth were suddenly giant wolves leaping over those fleeing and attacking Death Eaters. A swipe of claws or a snap of jaws downing one mask death Eater easily.