Dylan

a few hours later

(Aprils pov)
Walking along the shore of Miami beach, I catch sight of him. Liam and I had agreed to meet up here for a bit. I begin to make my way over to him. I can feel the soft grains of sand on my feet, leaving prints in the sand behind. My tote bag is shoved over my shoulder, containing small essentials like sunscreen, towel, etc. I see him kicked back on a sun-lounger, an empty one next to him. "Can i sit here? There's no other seats," I rephrase from the last time we are here, this time i laugh, kind of like an inside joke.

(Liams pov)
"Unless someone else is sitting there because like." I say back to her as we laugh. I think back to the last time we were here. She was clearly dragged here by Nora, but, i'm honestly happy she was. She laid down on the sun-lounger and i glanced over at her. Well, what was meant to be a glance turned into an observation. I watched the way her braided hair laid over her shoulders. The way her sunglasses rested upon the bridge of her nose. The way her applied sunscreen leaves a slight glow to her skin. The way her legs crossed one over another. The way- "Excited for the show tonight?" I click out of my thoughts as she asks me a question. "No work talk today. I want to get to know you. Not talk about work." Emphasis on the word you. "Okay, well.."

//

We spoke for an hour or so as i kept observing her. I notice a scar across her upper left arm, right below the shoulder and above the elbow. To me, looked pretty badass. She noticed me looking and raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Nice scar, what happened?" My curiosity asks. She stares ahead of her, silenced.

(Aprils pov)
The memories wash back. Crawling on the floor. Trembling with every movement. Begging.
"Dylan, please!" I pleaded. "You're a useless bastard!" He slammed his hand against the kitchen counter. "I'm sorry, i-" "Your sorry? Sorry? You're fucking useless!" He cuts me off. I pick myself up off the ground, building up just enough strength to keep me standing. "I'll do better next time, i promise." Tears stream down my face. He looks up, lifting his hand from the counter, gripping the empty beer bottle displayed in front of him. Smash. The glass bottle is swung against my left arm, barely missing my head. I collapsed to the ground, Dylan stood before me. "Useless.." Were the last words i heard before the front door slammed, him gone. The house was now empty, I laid on the kitchen floor, broke down.

"April? April, are you alright?" Suddenly i'm back, looking out onto the ocean. A tear trickles down my face. "I'm gonna go." I begin to pack my things and make my way back to the hotel located across the street. As i reach my hotel room, i crash down on the bed, lost in my thoughts. I grab my earphones and put them in, silencing the outside world. It hits me that i didn't even explain to Liam, I just left. How stupid can i be? Maybe he was right. Maybe i am useless.

sorry for the late chapter, we've been so busy recently ! We'll try our best to post more frequently! :)