28

Namjoon

"Hobi! Oh? Where's um..Where's Jin Hyung?" I say after noticing that Hoseok was walking alone when he usually walks alongside his brother. He looked around quietly awkwardly, something that he was definitely not. "He's...not feeling well." He pursed his lips and smiled tightly, almost as if there's so much more he wanted to say but couldn't.

"Oh, umm. Alright, let's go?" I suggested, only to gain a nod from him as a response. Weird.

All throughout our walk to school, he's been nothing but quiet and has been fidgeting a lot, and I'm really starting to worry. "Is there something wrong, Hobi? You've been awfully quiet there."

He looked at me with owl-like eyes while slowly shaking his head, "Uhh, no? Well — you wouldn't care anyways."

"What? How could you say that? Of course I'd care..." I was a bit offended. This guy has been my friend ever since we were in diapers and to think that I wouldn't care about him is utterly ridiculous. Something is definitely wrong with him and I'm gonna get to the bottom of it.

"No no, that's not what I meant. I just thought that it wasn't that important. Like, um, you should be worrying about bigger things, not like, um, trivial things like mine." Again, fidgety. Something he is NOT.

"You're acting really weird..."

"Hm? Really? I don't..I don't think so." He can't even look at me in the eye!

"Whatever."

"H-Hey, mom." Seokjin trembled. He had missed his mother so much. It has been a while since he last saw her.

"Oh, baby. How are you? Are you alright? Have you eaten?" Her soft voice echoed throughout Seokjin's empty room, treasuring every wave that entered his ear. Her never-ending concern is what made him tear up, even after all these busy times, she still thought of him.

"I wanna go home, mom. Can I?" Knowing his mother, she wouldn't ask any questions about it. He knows her arms are always open for him, and he thinks she is the most selfless woman there is. One day or another he would look back at this moment, where he would thank Hoseok and his mom for always supporting him. He just needed a break from it all and this is his chance. He doesn't have to rush everything, he doesn't have to compete. He realized that running away from his past would only terrify him even more. Which is why he decided to face it but this time, with the people he love.

"You'll always be welcome here, baby. Come home."