Chapter One: Meet the Trifecta

----------------------------------------------------------
"Time, curious time
Gave me no compasses, gave me no signs
Were there clues I didn't see?
And isn't it just so pretty to think
All along there was some
Invisible string
Tying you to me?"

Invisible String - Taylor Swift
----------------------------------------------------------

Invisible String - Taylor Swift----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One:

- Everly-

"Good morning Miss Calloway!" Mimi my father's house managers voice chimed as she opened my bedroom curtains. A house manager was a glorified term for babysitter when I was unsupervised. She didn't just keep the house running, Mimi kept a close eye on me.

Mum had left exactly seven days ago and had taken half my heart with her. She didn't leave a note, which I found extremely hard to believe. But my father insisted that was the truth. He wanted me to hate her the way he did, but that only made my hatred rage stronger for him. I knew he was the reason for her sudden disappearance. I suppose I couldn't blame her though. I could barely take the constant rules and regulations at 17 years old. How must she have felt being locked into a marriage revolving around those values since the age of 20? She had finally hit her breaking point and I wasn't far behind her.

Did she runaway with another man? Or did she want to just leave this life behind all together?

Most nights into days I felt the same. Lying in my bed dreaming about what life was really like outside of my tower. All Gerald cared about was one thing and it truly had nothing to do with his family. It was the aesthetic of us and the way we were perceived by the outside world. The world that knew nothing about what went on behind closed doors. The world who never saw my mum cry, my father slam a door or even me smoke a cigarette off my balcony. The world that looked at the Calloways as the only word used to describe us "Perfect".

"The Calloways" London's first family of financial wealth. A fancy way of saying my father's father created a way to make the banks even more money off of people. My legacy has and always will be about money, power and glory. I knew that from the time I could form a sentence. My father controlled most of the incoming and outpouring of wealth in all of Europe. Which made him an extremely dangerous man to go against regarding just about anything. The rules Gerald put in place for me since the day I was born, were to protect me. At least that's what I was told, but as I got older I realized it was about much more than that. It was to trap me until he could marry me off in a merger.

His perfect daughter, never broke the rules, never spoke out of line. Never slept with anyone prior to marriage. Never smoked, only drank champagne on special occasions, dressed for success and not "attention" and of course...had a 9:00pm curfew.