Chapter Nine: Lost

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" You can let it go

You can throw a party full of everyone you know
And not invite your family, 'cause they never showed you love

You don't have to be sorry for leaving and growing up, mmh"

Matilda - Harry Styles

(This song embodies Everly Calloway in all her essence)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nine:

- Everly -

I was discharged from the hospital in France four days later. From there, James, Lydia, his parents, and I boarded a plane back to England. We arrived at Heathrow just as my nausea from all the antibiotics kicked in. The medication was to prevent an infection in the large gaping wound on my thigh—my lifelong souvenir from our lovely, relaxing vacation in the south of France. "James... could you please escort me to the restroom before we head home?" I asked, drawing attention in front of his parents.

James looked at both of them, then back at me. "Of course," he said, helping me get off the plane first. The stitches down my leg made walking difficult, though not enough to require crutches—just enough to be constantly uncomfortable. I needed a steady hand beside me in case I toppled over, and James would never let that happen. He guided me into the lounge and over to the restroom.

"I don't think I can bend down. Oh god I'm going to be sick." I groaned as I splashed my face with cold water from the fountain. I knew I had to hurry so James' parents didn't break the door down assuming we were having a quick go in the loo.

"Here," James said softly, removing the trash can from its wall holder. "I'll hold your hair." He smiled, pulling my hair back as I threw up the croissant I had for breakfast. "You need more electrolytes," he said, gently rubbing my back and helping me clean up.

"Add it to my list after a lobotomy." I joked with him.

"We better make that two then. I could use one after seeing the state you were in when I got you on the boat." James sighed as he helped me out of the rest room, just as his parents made their way into the lounge.

"Everything okay?" James' mother asked.

"Yes, just an upset stomach. It's from all the antibiotics I'm on. The doctor warned me about this. I wasn't drinking enough water." I blushed turning red with embarrassment.