Chapter Six: The Uninvited Guest

----------------------------------------------------------
"And I thank God every day
For the girl He sent my way
But I know the things He gives me
He can take away"

Beautiful Things - Benson Boone
----------------------------------------------------------

Beautiful Things - Benson Boone----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Six:

< James >

"I heard we were fleeing from all the drama," Alistair's voice echoed, rousing me from the lower deck. I glanced at the time on my phone. Noon. Everly and I had only gone to bed a few hours ago. The exhaustion I felt was entirely worth it, though. We had definitely deepened our relationship, not just with the incredible, waterbed-breaking sex, but also with the conversation. Eve was incredibly intelligent... I wished she could see herself the way I do... One day, she would rule the world. And I'd make sure of it.

"Eve.." I woke up my girlfriend by planting kisses on her shoulder moving my way down her arm to her stomach. She started to laugh as she opened her eyes and pulled me on top of her.

"I heard Alistair...the cavalry is here. So I can't let you move any further down...unfortunately." She groaned.

"And we must play the part of good hosts, unfortunately," I teased her lightly. "But first, I have something for you." I reached into my nightstand and retrieved a small red box. "I meant to give this to you last night, but the moment just wasn't right. Now feels like the perfect time." I grinned at her as I handed her the box. Everly opened it slowly, revealing the diamond initial necklace inside. "Remember when I asked you to be my girlfriend, and you said yes but mentioned that the deal would really be sealed with a diamond?" I paused, watching her reaction as she pulled out the necklace. Tears welled up in her eyes, and she was speechless.

"James, it's absolutely perfect," Everly exclaimed as I gently secured the necklace around her neck.

"Now everyone knows you're mine," I declared proudly, adjusting the necklace so the diamond J hung perfectly in the center

"Now everyone knows you're mine," I declared proudly, adjusting the necklace so the diamond J hung perfectly in the center. Everly grabbed my face and kissed me.