Part 1- Chapter 6: The Battle On The Bridge

FYI;
: Speech
- Thoughts
[Flashbacks]
Jutsu
—————————————————————————————————————

Sasuke and Sakura are at the bridge while naruto is racing towards their location to help as Zabuza appears on the bridge.

Zabuza: Looks like I made quite the impression on your Genin Kakashi. Look at him shaking in terror.

Sasuke: I'm shaking from excitement.

Zabuza- That look in his eyes. Ha ha. This kid has got the stuff.

Zabuza: Haku. You handle the kids.

Haku: Understood master Zabuza.

Sakura steps up but Sasuke stops her.

Sasuke: i don't doubt your abilities but compared to me or Naruto you're not that strong. So leave him to me.

Sakura gets irritated but holds her composure.

Sakura: Well if you insist.

Sakura- He's not wrong. I'd say Hinata is stronger than me right now. My position mostly came from my grades which were highest in the class. In terms of brute strength I'm nothing special.

Sasuke sizes up Haku as the 2 rush at each other and exchange several blows and Sasuke gets the upper hand but not for long as Haku activates his Kekkei Genkai.

Haku: Ice Style: Crystal Ice Mirrors

Icy mirrors form surrounding Sasuke.

Kakashi- A Kekkei Genkai!

Kakashi attempt to intervene but Zabuza intervenes.

Zabuza: Don't forget that I'm your opponent!

Zabuza swings his sword as Kakashi dodges jumping backwards. Sakura is about to try and help Sasuke.

Kakashi: Don't move Sakura! keep the Bridge Builder safe!

Sakura: Okay. Got it.

Haku began pelleting Sasuke with senbon when suddenly a shuriken her him as he fell out of the mirror and Naruto appeared.

Naruto: The future Hoshikage Uzumaki Naruto is here!

Everyone- That fool. Why did he reveal his position?

Naruto then "sneaks" into the dome of mirrors.

Naruto: Hey Sasuke. I'm here to save you.

Sasuke: You fool! Why did you do that!? Now we're both trapped in here!

Sasuke- No choice but the melt it.

Sasuke: Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!

Sasuke fires a fireball but there isn't a scratch on the mirrors.

Naruto then uses Shadow Clones and Sasuke figures out Haku's technique saving Naruto by using the Sharingan for the first time. Naruto wakes up.

Sasuke: Sheesh. No matter how many times I tell you you never stop getting in my way naruto.

Naruto: Sasuke you...

Naruto then sees the scene in front of him.

Naruto- Sasuke... protected me?

Sasuke: Get that stupid look of your face. The battle isn't over yet.

Naruto: I never asked you to protect me! You should've minded your own business.

Sasuke: I was there the night my entire clan was slaughtered. I wasn't able to do anything as I watched my clan being decimated. I guess I just couldn't stand the thought of seeing another comrade die. How stupid of me. It's like you're rubbing off on me you dunce.