Part 1- Chapter 9: The Preliminaries

FYI;
: Speech
- Thoughts
[Flashbacks]
Jutsu
—————————————————————————————————————

Team 7 does their best in the Forest of Death when they finally finish.

Sakura- I don't know what that guy did to Sasuke, but he and Naruto are currently in bad shape.

Genma: Alright. There are quite a few of you. A bit too many in fact. So because of that, we are going to hold some preliminary rounds.

Sakura- Preliminaries!? You've got to be kidding me. There's no way these 2 can make it through in their state.

Genma: You are not required to participate. I you choose to bow out then your teammates are still allowed to continue.

Sakura: I think it's best if you and Naruto bow out.

Sakura grabs Sasuke's shoulder

Sasuke: No chance.

Sasuke throws off her hand.

Naruto: What the hell Sasuke! She's just worried about you!

Sasuke: Truth is I've realised I'm not the strongest here and it excites me.

Naruto: What the...

Sasuke: There are people here level to me or more that I want to fight.

Naruto: Still. You're in no shape to...

Sasuke: Naruto... You're one of those people I want to fight.

Naruto: Sasuke... You... Alright then. I'll kick your ass in front of everyone.

The first 3 rounds ended and Now Sakura was called out into the arena. The contestants are Namikaze Sakura and Yamanaka Ino.

Sakura: Ino. So are you ready?

Ino sweats a little.

Ino: I think I'm gonna forfeit.

Sakura: Is that so. So you're going to be a coward?

Ino: What did you say!? I have no intention in becoming some muscle driven woman like you! I have my eyes set on someone and it's common sense that it would be unappealing to him.

Sakura: I can't believe this is the kind of person you've become. YOu don't even remember the reason we became Ninja.

Ino: I...

Sakura: You got sucked into the spiral of obsessing over boys. I just can't understand it. Why would he like you better if you're weak?

Ino: It's just common...

Sakura: The truth is that it's just an excuse isn't it?

Ino makes a shaken facce.

Sakura: You saw how far ahead of you he was. You couldn't see a reality where you could match him. YOu clung desperately to the thought that you were simply admiring him. But the truth is you're jealous of his talent.

Ino: You little!

Sakura: You can't accept your own inability.

Ino charges at Sakura punches her and Sakura falls to the ground but gets up.

Sakura: Tell me that I'm wrong.

Ino: I... Well what about you!? You grew out your hair!

Sakura: I simply didn't cut it because I didn't mind the length . It had nothing to do with Sasuke.

Ino: Mind Transfer Jutsu!

Sakura moves to the side as Ino's jutsu misses.

Sakura: Such a desperate move. She's unable to make logical decisions right now.