017~𝓓𝓸𝓫𝓫𝔂

Elizabeth nestled herself beside Harry on their shared bed, her head gently resting upon his shoulder as his protective arm enveloped her. The two of them sat together, quietly poring over the mystical album gifted to them by Hagrid after their first year at Hogwarts. As Harry turned the page, a sepia-toned image of their beloved parents materialized before their yearning eyes, frozen forever in an eternal dance. 

Overwhelmed by a torrent of emotions, Elizabeth found solace in the comforting presence of her brother, yet her heart ached for the return of their departed parents. She reached for her mother's necklace on her neck,clutching her hand around it. Deep within her soul, she knew that no amount of longing could resurrect the departed souls, for death had claimed them for all eternity. 

However, in the shadow of their profound loss, Elizabeth found solace in one undeniable truth: she and Harry, bound by blood, were all that remained of their disintegrated family. Tenderly, Harry tenderly caressed his sister's tresses, an unspoken promise etched within the delicate gesture, reassuring her that everything would eventually be alright.

Suddenly, Elizabeth's devoted owl, Veri, pecked persistently at the confinement of her cage, emitting a chorus of loud squeaks. Following suit, Harry's owl, Hedwig, added her voice to the clamor, chirping and hooting from her own encasement. 

Consumed by a mixture of regret and sorrow, Elizabeth uttered the words she dreaded: "We can't let you out," her voice wavered with a tinge of melancholy. "I am so sorry." The sharp timbre of Uncle Vernon's voice reverberated through the house, demanding their attention from downstairs: "Harry and Elizabeth Potter!" In an unspoken accord, the twins exchanged weary glances before reluctantly descending the stairs to face their uncle's ire.

"I warn you, if you can't control those bloody birds of yours, they'll have to go," Vernon seethed with anger, thrusting an accusing finger toward Elizabeth's face. Harry interjected with a plea, a trace of sorrow permeating his voice, "But they are bored. If only we could let them out for an hour or two." 

Uncle Vernon chuckled sadistically, reveling in his malicious intent, "So you can send secret messages to your freaky friends? No, sir." Harry's words dripped with resignation as he confessed, his voice tinged with a touch of desolation, "We haven't received a single letter from our friends. All summer." 

In a brash display of insensitivity, Dudley rushed past the twins, callously shoving Elizabeth aside as he sneered, "Who would be friends with you?" Elizabeth responded with a glare, her eyes aflame with a fiery indignation, threatening the boy, who stumbled back in shock. He rushed to his mother and the twins exchanged a smirk.

Vernon's voice grated on Elizabeth's nerves as he spoke, "Now, let's go over our schedule once again, shall we? Petunia, when the Masons arrive, you will be...?" Petunia responded, "In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home." 

The man gave a curt nod of approval. "Good. And, Dudley, you will be...?" A smirk spread across Dudley's face. "I'll be waiting to open the door." 

Uncle Vernon continued, "Excellent." His gaze turned to the twins, his expression scornful. "And you...?" 

Elizabeth opened her mouth to deliver a sarcastic retort, but her twin beat her to it. He squeezed her hand, answering, "We'll be in our bedroom, making no noise and pretending that we don't exist." Vernon's eyes gleamed with self-importance. 

"Too right you will. With any luck, this could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my career, and you will not mess it up." His glare shifted to Elizabeth, who met it with a stern look of her own. Harry tugged her arm, and they escaped upstairs to their room.

As soon as Elizabeth opened the door, a tiny creature caught her attention. It was perched on their bed, bouncing up and down. 

"Harry and Elizabeth Potter! Such an honor it is!" it squeaked. Harry's eyebrows shot up. "Who are you?"