Chapter 7

The next night, Toothless, Stormfly, Hiccup and Astrid were packed and ready to head up into the upper part of the island. They quietly made their way through the village. And so far, there was only a few night watchers out.

Hiccup was in his dragon form. It made it easier to blend in with the dark night and was an easier way to move around without bumping into thing. But Astrid had some trouble, since she was a deadly nadder her scales were vibrant and it wouldn't be the best thing for her to be in her dragon form. So Stormfly bought her cloak along and let Astrid hide in it.

They were close to the outskirts of town when they heard voices coming from behind them. The group rushed into the fog/woods. Two Viking men passed by them with fiery torches. Both men looked around confused.

"I'm telling you, I saw something. And it looked like a dragon."

"That's impossible. There's no way a dragon could have gotten here all the way from Berk."

"But dragons can fly"

"Doesn't mean that they can travel long distances, you moron."

The group rolled their eyes at the two stupid Viking. Of course dragon could fly long distances. They just choice not to because they already had a good supply of food.

"SNAP" a loud sound of branches being broken was heard when a bird shot out of the woods and headed towards the village.The watchers gave a shriek as they bird flew past them. They calmed down when they saw that the bird had left.

"Look at that, it was just a wee birdy"

"Yes, a wee birdy. A wee birdy that almost gave me a heart attack!" The one Viking yelled at his companion as he made his way back to the village with a huff.

Hiccup, Astrid, Toothless, and Stormfly watched them leave and let out a sigh of relief. They could not believe their luck.

"Okay, now it's time for the hardest part" Toothless took out the map and they all looked to the mountain and fog.

The group gave a big gulp as they head father into the mountain. Hopefully they would be able to see Cloudjumper and nothing else. Toothless wondered how his adoptive father was doing. And what he's been doing all this time.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The mountain climb was rough. Not only was the mountain steep, but it was foggy as soup. Seriously, a Viking or Dragon could just eat the fog to have instant water from how thick it was.

And somehow, Hiccup was able to see where they were going and how to make their way through. As they got closer to the top, the fog began to be less and less.

Once they did make it to the top, it was breathtaking. The view showed the tops of trees and stacks looked like island in the fog sea. The mountain was covered in light snow with a water fall falling down into the waited fog. It was beautiful.

"Whooooww" Everyone took in the scenery.

"I guess I know why Cloudjumper didn't come back" Stormfly took in the scenery. "It's beautiful"

The group took it all in, especially Hiccup. He so badly wanted to fly the sky and around those floating islands. Astrid squirmed inside Stormfly's cloak, wanting to get out, The moment Stormfly let Astrid out the Nadder hybrid zoomed into the air, whooping in joy. Hiccup wished that he was Astrid right now, he glanced at toothless, who nodded. Hiccup grinned as he leapt into the air.

Hiccup changed into his dragon form as he spread his wings and took off. It felt good to fly without being afraid of someone seeing you. He wind felt good hitting his wings as he soared. The dragon boy moved up and down, side to side as he glided close to the clouds to touch. It felt so good to feel the puffy clouds along his fingers. He never wanted to this to end, The night fury quickly caught up with Astrid, who zooming through the air.

Toothless and Stormfly sat on the ground as they watched their hybrid friends fly. It was great to see Hiccup spread his wings. And it look like Hiccup was enjoying it as well.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hiccup was enjoying himself. The wind felt so good on his black scaly wings. He soared through the sky when he felt like something was watching him. He looked down and all around. He saw nothing that would indicate him being attacked. Astrids sharp eyes darted around.

It wasn't until something shot out from under the fog. It was a large dragon with tan and orange owl like dragon. It had two large pair of wings that formed and 'X' when they flapped.

Hiccup heard of this dragon once. They were called Stormcutters, for their power to cut through storms. The black dragon just hoped that he wouldn't be a have to fight something like this.

Its smooshed in face stared down at the black dragon. Hiccup and Astrid growl at the dragon as they began to battle.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Both Toothless and Stormfly were startled by the sudden booming sounds. They looked at Hiccup to see he was battle a large dragon. Toothless whipped out his bow and crossbow as he aimed towards the large dragon. Stormfly pulled her belt which transformed into a sword. A belt-sword if you don't know what is one is a crafty little thing, its a belt which is also a sword. It was one of Toothless's inventions.