Part 9

We all waited in the dugout while yeah yeah and Squints ran off to buy a new baseball. I just sat back and took a breather while the boys joked around with each other. "What took you guys so long?" I look over at the boys as Alan hands the new ball to benny. "Squints was pervin a dish!" "SHUT UP NO I WASNT!" theres only one girl Squints would be pervin a dish over and that my best friend Wendy, today she was out shopping with Aliana for back-to-school clothes. "YEAH YEAH YOU WERE!" I snapped out of my thoughts as Alan teased the poor boy, "Oh Wendy Peppercorn my Darling lover girl!" I moved over letting Squints fall next to me, as he grumbled at his friends teasing, "be quiet Ive got a lot of things on my mind." Me and Betram share a wink and lean closer to squints, "Are you thinking of Wendy?" We all broke into laughter when Squints cheeks turned a bright red, I couldnt tell if it was out of embarrassment or if it was anger but either way it was funny.

We played ball until I spotted dark rainclouds flooding over the sandlot, we all decided to have a movie night at Smalls. "Hey mum, hey dad the boys and I are gonna have a movie night hope thats alright!" Scottys mother had short brunette hair that curled over her shoulders, the same kind eyes as her son and pale skin, his dad how ever looked nothing like scotty apart from the blonde hair. "Oh you must be y/n!" I shake both parents hands as we share a smile, I look over as my friends all rush into the living room. I sit myself between Bertram and Yeah yeah, Tommy cuddles into my arms since Ham suggested we watch Chainsaw massacre. the boys around me either held onto each other or held onto me, of course they let go when I burst into laughter when someone died or got hurt. "Youre crazy, this is a horror film its horrifying and you over here laughing!" Tommy starts sobbing and hides his face into my chest. The boys decided to turn off the TV, I rest my head on the soft sofa behind me as the group of teenage boys chat about boy things, I dont really know Im not listening.