Memory Loss

Jessica was not prepared for it. Jessica's eyes followed flashes of their precious moments as they started to appear in front of her eyes. "Just a helper." Jessica said with breaking voice and ran out from the ward. She saw Jake standing in the corner of the corridor. Jessica went near him and stood beside him. Jake is taller than Jessica and Jessica had to lift her head if she wanted to talk with Jake while looking at him. "It appears that she doesn't remember us; I mean, she..." Jessica broke down in the middle of the sentence. "A few chunks of memory are missing from her brain," Jake said.

Jessica and Jake went out because they knew if they stayed there for more time, they would not be able to control their emotions. Jessica said, "I know I am powerless over my feelings, but I thought you were the expert on this." "I will be staying here; I do not want to visit Duskwood because I know that eventually the FBI will find me there. I will be staying here under a different ID. Misha does not remember us, and even if she did, I never showed her my face, so she would not know how I look." Jake said. "I wish I had this option, but I will have to go back; otherwise, there will be no one to look after Junkyard." Jessica said. "Hmm,. Jake said, passing a faint smile. "Richy will be staying here under a different identity. Like you, he is not willing to go back to Duskwood." Jessica said. "MWAF has impacted us all. Is Richy still traumatized due to all the events that happened with us there?" Jake asked. "You can say that" Jessica said.

Purvi went to the room with all the medicines. She saw Misha awake. "I am sorry to inform you that your sister Misha is missing some parts of her memory." Nurse said. "What do you mean by some part?" Purvi asked. She kept all the medicine on the tray and went near Misha. She patted Misha's head. "How are you feeling?" Purvi asked. "I am not able to see anything clearly, i tried hard but i am in a hazy world." Misha said. nurse came near Misha and started checking her blood pressure. "This condition will remain for 1 to 3 days," the nurse said. "You will be fine soon. Do you remember how you ended up in this situation?" Purvi asked. Misha nodded, saying no. "It's okay; you will be fine," Purvi said. "Her friends came here to meet her, but she was not able to recognize them," the nurse said.

Purvi went out to find the doctor who is treating Misha. She got to know that the doctor had left and would come back in the evening. Purvi was tired, as she had been in the hospital since last night. She wanted to go back home and rest for a while, but she couldn't leave Misha alone. All the stress was piling up on her head. It's the winter, and Purvi is still sweating. Purvi went back into Misha's ward and asked her about what she last remembered. Misha said that she remembers getting a text from someone, and after that, everything is blank.

Misha was in the hospital for 4 days and now she was better than before. She wanted to go through all the texts but Purvi asked her not to. Purvi was scarred, as it could hamper her brain at this point. Misha agreed to it. Purvi informed Misha about her new semester. Misha was asked to rest a few more days before going to college.

Misha was sleeping in the night when she suddenly wakes up. "What the heck was that, what did I even saw, a big tunnel." Misha said. Purvi got up due to her voice. "What happened, are you okay?" Purvi asked. "I saw a weird dream, I was falling somewhere, it was all black and all I could see was a small flashlight in my hand." Misha said. "Relax, it's just a bad dream." Purvi said. "My head... Ah it's... Spinning." Misha said. Purvi tried to calm her down and asked her to try to sleep. Purvi sat beside her and patted her head. She kept patting Misha's head until she felt that Misha is sleeping.

To be continued.