Theo Turns Into a Teenage Girl

Theo was restless that night, so he stared at the ceiling of the Apollo cabin almost all night. He guessed he only got around two hours of sleep in before he had to get to Zeus's fist to be sent to his doom. When he got there Percy didn't look too energized either, which made Theo feel a little better, knowing that he wasn't the only one sleep deprived.

Theo carried his nectar and ambrosia, along with his medical kit Will had given him yesterday. In his pockets, he carried the yellow flower along with his pocket knife. On his right hand he had his mother's ring and on his left he had the ring he had gotten from his father. The ring turned into a bow and arrow when he slipped it off. It had come in handy a few times now, but he rarely used it. He thought, 'what better way to get use out of it than to bring it on a deadly quest'. 

On the bright side, it was a beautiful morning, the sky was clear and the fog had dissipated. He thought of his brothers and sisters, they would be having a normal day of archery lessons and caring for hurt campers in the infirmary. Meanwhile, Theo would be descending into his doom with his crush. Did that count as normal?

He saw Grover and Juniper standing to the side. It was obvious Juniper was trying her hardest not to breakdown. She was pestering Grover like a mother would do for her son going off to the army. Grover was in his human disguise since they had no clue what they were going to see down there. Wow, there goes another shiver down his spine.

Chiron, Quintus, Mrs. O'Leary, and some other campers were there to wish them luck. It was a very active 'happy' send off. Since Chiron decided to put 24-7 watch on the Labyrinth, the Hephaestus cabin was working on some deadly traps. Yep, a very happy send off.

Theo, Tyson, and Percy walked over to Annabeth, who was double checking her bags. He could tell she was overthinking this, after all it was her first quest that she was leading. The first thing she said was, "Percy, you look terrible." Then she looked to Theo, "so do you, Theo." Annabeth looked concerned, which made Theo feel a little bit bad for not taking care of himself.

"Wow, thanks Annabeth," Theo said sarcastically.

Out of nowhere, Tyson blurted, "He killed the water fountain last night."

"What?" Theo and Annabeth said simultaneously.

Theo really wanted to know why Percy would attack the water fountain. But, unfortunately before Percy could explain himself, Chiron trotted over. "Well, it appears you are ready!"

He sounded anxious which made Theo feel worse. It felt likes his insides were having a crisis and his vision was fuzzy. Percy squeezed his hand trying to give him some comfort before asking, "Hey, uh, Chiron can I ask you a favor while I'm gone?"

"Of course, my boy," Chiron said easily. 

Percy let go of Theo's hand, "Be right back, guys." Percy gestured to the woods, Chiron looked confused but followed him nonetheless.

Percy and Chiron talked for a long time, so Theo naturally got bored. He thought of going and eavesdropping, but he knew that was wrong, so he didn't. Instead, he settled for sitting down and playing with his rings.

Annabeth walked over to him and sat down next to him, "Hey."

He acknowledged her by nodding his head.

"You look nervous."

"Nah, I'm having a great time waiting to be sent to my death." Theo responded sarcastically. He had a bad habit of not taking his feelings seriously, he usually just jokes his way around them. Unfortunately, it never worked on Annabeth, she could see right through him and his lies. She seemed to decide it wasn't worth it to push him.