part -2

The next day.

I wake up as usual, go over my same routine of brushing my teeth, showering, changing clothes, breakfast, and the cab gets here. I go to work. Attend some meetings, send some email, make some calls. Finish tasks. And reach home tired, very tired. I use the bathroom. My period is here. At least I am not pregnant right.
I freshen up and put on a pad. And wash my hands. Go to the living room, Riya is on the couch. We spoke yesterday, she did hear us the other day. But didn't make me feel ashamed. We hugged it out. "hey, what happend to you? You look like shit". She says

"Thanks Ri" I say and sit down next to her . "I got my period, and the cramps are killing me". I say.

"What do you wanna eat? We'll order whatever you want". She says.

"Chicken burger and wings " I say.

We continue watching the movie and talking until the door bell rings.
She gets up to go open the door. Mayank walks in, with some dumplings and brownies. We sit infront of the TV and eat some good food, with the best company.

Hours passes by we get lost in our yapping. I occasionally catch Mayank's eyes on me. We wind up our little kitty party and Riya says goodbye and goes to her room.its just is in the living room, cool breeze comes in from the balcony, the light is set to its lowest level. We are on the couch. I can see the light coming from the Tv dancing on his beautiful face. He seems off his guard. He comes closer, but not close enough. "You look tired. Everything, ok?. He asks.
"I am". I say
Fine. He looks away defeated and his eyes on TV .

"It's that time of the month, Mayank". I say feeling bad for turning him down.
"You wanna cuddle?". What is up with me?. I seem to openly ask him for intimacy,even  though we never ventured in that territory before. It's like, something snapped it both of us. And only the other can  put it back again.

"Yes " his voice so soft. Such a sweet guy.

We walk to the room in silence. And I fall on my bed, he turns the light off and lays down next to me. His arm finds my waist. He spoons me. I can feel his breathing on my neck. I feel so content. Something about this soothes the pain in my lower belly. He is warm and comforting.He kisses my neck. I feel so relaxed, I am naturally drifted off to sleep.

Days  pass by us doing our own things, him building his business. And me trying to climb the corporate ladder. And in the between, we steal looks from each other. He brings me flowers sometimes. He comes to the flat and cooks, spilling the tea about Riya' s childhood, and vice versa.

I am at work, while my dings

I open and see who the message is from.

Mayank: I wanna take you out tonight. Clear your schedule. I will come around 6:30 to pick you up.

Me: sure. See you soon!

And after that I smile like an idiot. He wants to take me out. He wants to see where this goes. I can't wait for 6:30

I am at the apartment, trying to pick an outfit. Riya walks in "where you going missy" she asks. "Date" I say looking at her. "Is it with my brother?"
"Yes" i reply
"You guys look good together. You have my blessing. Have fun". She says and leaves the room. I pick the outfit and go take a shower. I come out in a towel, wear my under clothes, put on that black dress I have been saving for the longest time, style my hair. I put on some light make up, take my cluth and put on my heels, and waiting for his text. After 10 mins, or so, my phone rings.

"Hello?" I say

"I am here, are you ready to go?" He asks,

"Yes" I reply.