0.4 | Frisk, a Fellow Human

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Awakening to the fresh smell of Butterscotch Cinnamon Pie, young (Y/N)'s eyelids fluttered open.

Sitting up in the bed of the guest bedroom, she groggily rubbed her sleepy eyes, still feeling a little bit tired despite the hearty sleep she was supplied with.

As she recalled the events that transpired last night, three knocks on the door of the room she currently resided in alerted her that someone really familiar was behind that door.

As expected, she was greeted by the motherly form of Toriel walking into the room, checking in on her to see if she's already awake.

Faintly smiling at the goat mother, she climbed out of the bed, running her hands through her hair to fix it up a little.

"Ah, it seems that you have already wakened. Freshen yourself up, my child. For there is someone I want you to meet!"

Toriel informed (Y/N) as she left the room, leaving the girl to tilt her head and question a little about the 'someone' that Toriel wanted her to meet.

Nonetheless, she left the guest room and went into the bathroom. Heeding Toriel's words and cleaning herself up, she prepared for a new day in the Underground.

She then proceeded out of the bathroom and into the living room, expecting to see it empty with Toriel in the kitchen.

But to her surprise, in front of the fireplace where she sat last night was a human child who looks younger than her by 3 years.

The mysterious child has yellow skin, short brown hair with choppy bangs, and closed eyes with lips that pursed into a firm line, forming a neutral expression on their face.

Their clothing consists of nothing more than a bright blue sweater with two horizontal vibrant purple stripes across it as design, shorts with the same blue colour as their sweater, and white socks accompanied by dark brown shoes.

Even if their eyes were closed, they could sense that someone human just like them was here too, and they turned their head towards the entrance of the living room where (Y/N) stood.

Both the humans had a little staring contest for a while, with the younger one technically instant-losing because their eyes were already closed.

The younger human then stood and walked over towards (Y/N), extending their hand out for a friendly handshake.

And with (Y/N) being the adorable, docile and sympathetic little critter, she took the younger child's hand. Therefore accepting and initiating a universal sign of peace, the handshake.

"Hello, friend! My name is Frisk. What's your's?"

The younger human smiled as they introduced themselves as 'Frisk', eventually letting go of (Y/N)'s hand that they were shaking.

(Y/N) introduced herself to Frisk as well, smiling at the new companion she had acquired. Both of them then proceeded to talk about random topics, some funny ones and some very concerning ones, while occasionally sharing a good laugh or two.

The two humans' little bonding moment came to a pause as they turned their heads towards the doorway to the kitchen, revealing Toriel with a handful of plates and a fresh homemade Butterscotch Cinnamon Pie.

Frisk jogged towards the huge table in the living room after grabbing the plates from Toriel, setting them down on the table and leaving a less occupied Toriel with the Butterscotch Cinnamon Pie.

Soon afterwards, the three settled down and began to dig in to the pie, with little chit-chats in between to fill in the awkward silence.

The goat mother looked at the two human children, happily chatting away with each other while eating. The way they spoke, their mannerisms and their liveliness, she couldn't help but feel a sense of nostalgia wash over her.

It was just like the old days, where she watched kids of her own do what the two human children are currently doing.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●