⁵ the competition begins

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐"Don't fucking call me that

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐
"Don't fucking call me that."
└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

2006

           COLTON BECKETT CALLING Marlowe at such a late hour was the biggest surprise that Marlowe could receive that night, or so she thought.

           She and Colton were friends in middle school, but his parents had to move states due to their jobs. While on the phone, he explained that he was moving back this year and how much he had missed her. She and Colton were best friends and pretty much inseparable, but she hadn't heard from him since he left.

After the phone call ended, Marlowe rang Tashi, and to her surprise, she actually answered. But all Marlowe heard in the background was soft whimpers and heavy breathing.

"What the fuck?" She murmured, listening closely to her phone.

The sounds continued until they came to an abrupt halt and she heard Tashi's voice.

"I think I'll go home now." She heard Tashi grab the phone. But right before Tashi realised she was on call, Marlowe heard Art's voice.

"Are you coming to our match tomorrow?" He sounded as if he had just run a mile.

"Yeah, we'd love you to be there." Patrick.

Tashi let out an extremely quiet gasp, realising that Marlowe heard all of that, and just as quick as the phone call started, it ended.

Marlowe began pacing around her room. Surely Tashi wouldn't go to the boy's hotel without telling her? She was invited too. She deserved to know.

In a fit of rage, Marlowe called Tashi back and unsurprisingly, the call immediately went to voice mail.

Marlowe lost it.

Thoughts in her head were running rapidly as she grabbed a hoodie and a pair of trainers. She put them on as quickly as humanly possible. Before she grabbed her car keys, she grabbed her apple lip gloss and applied a thick layer. She needed to be confident about this.

With her car keys in hand, she unlocked the car and hopped in. She checked Tashi's location quickly before setting off on her journey.

She probably shouldn't have even been driving due to how angry she was, she could most likely be considered a danger on the road. But that only fueled her more.