Chapter 5 - All Alike

.
.
.

...
...
...
"Princess?"
Δlice's ears perk up when she heard a little wendigo call out to her.

"What is it, little fawn?"

The small deer-like creature approaches her. The sight of it would make anyone scream in horror.

"I've seen the humans frequently play in the forest. I want to play with them too.."

"What's stopping you?" Δlice raised an eyebrow as she looked down at the pensive creature.

"When I approach them, they let out a horrifying shriek and run away. Why do they run away? Why is my appearance scary?"

Δlice's gaze softens. She knows how it feels to be excluded from society.

"So.. What do you need me to do?"

"I don't want to look scary. I want the humans to like me, to accept me. Please?"

Δlice's sighed at the request. Though, it was quite endearing. It's nothing she can't do anyway.

"Here, I'll arrange a deal with you, little fawn."
...
...
...
Just another school day for Claire. It's been around 3 days since the first day of the semester, and it's been going good for her. Sorta. I mean, she got some new friends and she's been doing better in her studies.

As per usual, Claire meets up with Engel and Bubble.
.
.
"Who are your favorite teachers?" Engel asked as the three walked down the hallway together. He was always the conversation starter.

"Uh.. I'm not so sure. Maybe Miss Thavel?" Claire answer with an unsure smile.

"Mine is Miss Bloomie." Bubble said, "What about you?"

"Uhh.. I'm not sure either. All of them are good teachers." Engel sheepishly smiled, rubbing the back of his head.
Deep inside, Engel also wanted to say Miss Thavel.
.
.
.
During break, the three hung out in the library. And inevitably, Claire was bullied again.

While she was happily talking to Engel, she felt cold metal things grab the fabric of her shirt by her shoulders, and yelped when she was suddenly lifted up.

"Claire!" Engel called out with surprise and concern as the drone carrying Claire flew to its owner.

Of course, it was none other than Edward's drone.

"Hey guys, look what I just caught. An idiot." Edward snickered with a smug expression, Oliver and Zip laughing behind him.

"Hey, let me down!!" Claire said, trying to squirm her way out of the robot's tight grasp.

"You wanna be let down? Okay! I'll let you down."

Edward directs his drone to the space in the middle of the library, a dark void descending down to the first floor.

"Wait wait wait- HOLD ON-" Claire screamed when she was abruptly dropped down.

Engel gasped and looked down the railings.
"Hey! She might die from a fall this high!" Engel said with a hint of anger, which was unlike for the polite student.

"You're over dramatic. It wasn't that high." Edward snickered, feigning ignorance.

Engel didn't have time for this. He rushed over to the stairs and practically sprinted down the stairs, hoping to catch Claire in time.

He felt annoyed because of the bullies, but his thoughts of protecting Claire overpowered his annoyance.
.
.
.
Claire slowed down her fall a bit by grabbing onto the ledge of the bookshelfs, but lost her grip only a few moments later.
"Ugh, that was dusty.. AAAAH!"