Chapter 12 - Key Core

.
.
.
Clang
.
Clang
.
Clang..
.
"I'm bored guys." Zip sighed, letting go of the glass flasks that she's been playing with for the past hour.

"Same." Oliver groaned.

"Why don't we go t-" Edward's words were interrupted when the door of the lab creaked open.

"Shoot-"

The 3 immediately went to hide, obviously not in the same places they hid in before.

The sounds of light yet sharp-sounding footsteps echoed throughout the room, slowly entering then abruptly stopping.

The momentary silence was followed by the sounds of someone sitting on a chair and groaning, hair rustling against a surface..

Wait, Edward knows that voice.

After contemplating, he decided to do a risky move and peek up from his hiding spot.

His expression lightened up, shifting from surprise to worry.

He found the science teacher sitting in her desk, her head slumped against her hand.

The scientist didn't know why Miss Bloomie was like this, but he felt empathetic. Ah, screw it..

Oliver heard rustling coming from Edwards spot, looking over to him.

"[젠장, 그 멍청이..]" he cursed under his breath as he tried silently signalling Edward with his body language not to do whatever crazy thing he was planning to do.

Though receiving his warnings, Edward didnt budge and went through with it.

"As hardheaded as ever.." Zip sighed, muttering to herself with worry.
...

Miss Bloomie was receiving a terrible headache, though not because of her 'illness'. It was mostly because she was overthinking stuff.

"Hey Miss Bloomie..! Didn't.. expect to see you here.."

Caught up in her own world, she flinched in surprise when someone suddenly spoke up.

She put her head up and saw Edward sheepishly approaching her. She could tell that he was nervous.

-What an idiot. If he approached someone else, he would've died..

The science teacher sighed to herself, lowering her arm and resting it on the surface of the desk.

"Edward. You know students aren't allowed in the laboratory without permission, correct?" Edward shivered from her words, letting out a sheepish chuckle.

"Yeah.. But w- I didn't really have a choice." He sighed, looking down at her desk.

"...You know what happened to Miss Circle, right?"

Miss Bloomie tensed up with a sudden worry, her mind immediately going towards the thought that he was attacked by Circle.

"What about Miss Circle? Did she attack you? Are you hurt?" Bloomie said with concern in her tone, her words strangely motherly as she slightly stood up from her chair to lean forward to Edward.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Thanks for the concern.. But how'd it happen? Like.. It didn't feel like Miss Circle at all."

"I don't know either, sport." Bloomie let out a heavy sigh as she dropped back down to her chair, her hand holding her forehead.

Edward frowned with worry, his hands fidgeting as he thought of a way to comfort the science teacher.
...

"You're friends are here too, aren't they?" Bloomie looked around the classroom, Edward tensing up at her words.