Chapter 14

"Let me get this straight," Gojo's voice sounded from the phone speaker. "You want me to grab Yuta and meet you at Yasohachi bridge?"

"Yeah," Yuji replied, giving a thumbs up. "Can you make it quick? We need him as soon as possible."

Gojo chuckled, and his voice sounded amused.

"Yeah, I can do that. Give me fifteen minutes."

The call ended, and Yuji pocketed his phone.

"They are on their way," the boy announced.

"I can't believe this is the plan," Nobara mumbled, running a hand through her hair.

"I've been through worse," Choso said, shrugging. "I trust Yuji, and I'm willing to do what he thinks is best."

"You don't even know him!" Nobara exclaimed.

"Yes, but he is my brother. I feel like I know him," Choso stated, his voice firm.

Yuji noticed that Megumi started to doze off, and the dark-haired boy's body leaned towards him. He caught him, and guided him to lay on the grass.

Megumi's head rested in his lap, and the boy curled up on his side. Yuji could tell his friend was exhausted, and the events of the night must have finally caught up to him.

"His domain was... amazing," Nobara said, her voice quiet.

Yuji's eyes softened, as he looked at his best friend.

"Yeah, I bet it was," he whispered. "When I saw it in the exchange event, it was incredible. I never got to see Fushiguro's domain expansion in my old timeline."

Yuji's fingers found their way into Megumi's hair, and he stroked his hair gently. His breath was calm, and even, and his chest was rising and falling, slowly.

The corner of Nobara's mouth twitched but, surprisingly, she didn't make any comments.

"I'm not sure your friend likes me, Yuji," Choso announced, his expression serious.

Yuji smiled.

"Don't worry. That's just his face," Yuji explained. "He's very protective over his friends. He doesn't hate you. He just doesn't know you yet."

"So, he's like a brother to you?" the man asked, tilting his head.

Nobara snorted.

"Not really," the girl replied. "These two have some weird unresolved tension."

"Kugisaki," Yuji groaned.

"What?" the girl defended. "It's true!"

Choso looked confused.

"Tension? Like fighting?" the man asked, sounding unsure.

"No," Yuji quickly interrupted. "We're not fighting. And, don't listen to Kugisaki."

"Okay," the man replied, shrugging.

A few minutes later, they heard footsteps approaching, and the three of them turned their heads.

"Gojo-sensei! Okkotsu-senpai!" Yuji greeted.

"So, what's the situation?" Gojo asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I managed to convince Choso to not kill me, and help us fight Kenjaku," Yuji announced.

Yuta gave him a small smile, and Nobara crossed her arms.

"But, we need to fake his death so Kenjaku doesn't suspect him," the boy continued. "We were hoping Okkotsu-senpai could stop his heart, and bring him back."