Chapter 15

Yuji woke up the next day feeling anxious.

Today was the day. Yuta was going to attempt to lift Tsumiki's curse. Megumi would get to see his sister, and, hopefully, have her back, completely.

Yuji didn't know how Megumi would react. He kept trying to imagine his reaction, but it was hard. Would he cry? Would he laugh? What would his face look like?

Would he give Yuji one of those soft smiles, that made his heart race?

"You're fidgeting," Megumi commented, glancing at him. "And, you keep looking at my face. What's with you today?"

"Nothing," Yuji replied, looking away.

The two were laying in bed, and Megumi was reading a book, while Yuji tried to distract himself. He didn't want Megumi to get suspicious, so he had been trying not to stare, but, apparently, he was failing.

"Really? Cause you're being weirder than usual," the other boy pointed out, raising an eyebrow.

Yuji's mouth dropped open, and he glared at the other boy.

"Am not," he protested, petulantly.

"Yeah, you are," the other boy insisted. "You're all jittery. You look like you're going to explode. And, you've been looking at me weirdly, too. Seriously, what's going on?"

"Nothing," Yuji replied, avoiding his eyes.

"Fine. Just tell me, is it a good or a bad thing?" the black-haired boy asked.

"It's good," Yuji assured him.

Megumi looked at him for a moment, and nodded.

"Okay. I'll trust you."

Yuji gave him a small smile, and, after a few minutes, Megumi returned to reading.

Yuji's eyes drifted to the other boy's face. His lips were moving as he read, and Yuji watched as they moved, entranced. He thought back to what Yuta said, and a blush spread across his cheeks.

"What are you reading, anyway?" he questioned, in an effort to distract himself.

"A biography," the other boy responded, flipping the page.

"Oh. Cool," Yuji mumbled, staring down at his hands.

They were silent for a few more minutes, and Yuji was about to ask another question, when his phone beeped. He grabbed his phone, and saw that he had received a text message.

It was from Yuta.

'We're about to begin. Come to the infirmary, if you want.'

"Who is it?" Megumi asked.

"Uh, nobody. It's nothing. It's- I'm gonna take a shower," Yuji said, stumbling over his words.

"Okay," the other boy responded, shooting him a confused look.

Yuji got out of bed, and practically ran out of the room.

-

Megumi wasn't stupid.

He had noticed how nervous Yuji had been acting the whole morning, and, now, he had practically fled from the room, without offering a proper explanation.

There was something going on, and Megumi was curious.

Of course, Yuji was keeping some things from his previous timeline a secret, but those were all things that would hurt Megumi, or involve Megumi (that much he figured out). This was something else, and Megumi didn't know what it could be.