Part 7

I came back to the hotel and started getting ready to meet Marko. I changed into jeans, graphic tee and a leather jacket. I took my bag and exited the room. As I was walking towards the elevator I met Joost in a hallway.

"Where you are going?"

"I'm going to meet with Marko for a drink remember?"

"It must have slipped my mind, I have more important things to remember." Joost said in a very arrogant tone "Where are you meeting?"

"In this bar next to the hotel."

"Ok, have fun I guess."

I walked away and went to the bar. There was soft jazz music playing in the background, sound of other people murmuring. The air was filled with the comforting scent of wood. I saw Marko already sitting at the bar waiting for me. I walked to him and said:

"Hi, nice to see you again"

"Hey Julia, what are you having."

"I'll just have a beer."

"Good choice that's what I'm having."

We chuckled, took our drinks and went to sit at a table. Marko had taken cards and offered to play. I wasn't good at it, but I tried and actually enjoyed it. Our conversation flowed effortlessly, we laughed, and we were just having good time. Suddenly Joost entered. He was accompanied by some girl I have never seen before. Marko didn't notice them because his back was facing the entrance. They both walked to the bar and Joost kept looking around scanning the space looking for me. Joost made sure to choose to sit at the table where I could see him with the girl. Even though I was aware of Joost intentions I felt tiny bit of frustration. Despite my best efforts to ignore Joost's presence and focus on my time with Marco I couldn't help but feel annoyed at Joost's obvious attempts to make me jealous.

"You okay?" asked Marko when he noticed that I'm somewhere else by mind

"Yeah, I'm good just got distracted a bit"

We continued chatting, playing and I almost forgot about Joost and his date.

It was getting late so we decided that it's time to go. Marko offered to walk me to my hotel.

"I guess this is it for today" I said when we reached my hotel

"I guess. See you tomorrow, Julia" he said and hugged me

I went back to my room, changed into my pjs and laid back on my bed. I didn't go to sleep, I just laid there staring at the sealing. I was just thinking. About my life, career, this whole Eurovision thing, Joost. I didn't mean to make Joost jealous. I just really liked hanging out with Marko and if Joost thinks that I'm his, even though he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend or anything, and that I can't hang out with other people then fuck him.