You and I (9)

LANEY'S POV

"What are we?"

Those were the words I wished so badly to hear from Jon, since I was too much of a whimp to bring the topic up myself. I was dying to have an answer.

I managed to get a job at a nearby restaurant as a waitress. I missed my old job, it was a lot more relaxed and loose. I tell you, they had me grinding at Cole's Diner.

The manager was such a bitch and not to mention the owner was such a creep. It felt like every time I went in for a shift he'd show up out of nowhere and try to persuade me into having sex with him. I honestly wished he'd just die already, I mean he wasn't too far from it anyways.

My arm felt sore from wiping the tables for probably the fiftieth time that day, but to my luck people seemed to be wondering off. The place was nearly empty before Jon had shown up, with Head and Munky trailing behind him.

"Hey baby, when do you get off?" He asked as he sat down onto a barstool across from me, everyone else sitting around him.

"In an hour. I'm so tired, don't know if I can make it through this one." I chuckled, slumping my back slightly as I propped my arms onto the counter.

"Who are you?"

Of course, he just had to show up now of all times. The owner, who wasn't even named Cole, came trailing in like a snail. Giving Jon a nasty judgmental glare, he wobbled over to us.

"Her boyfriend. Who are you?" He answered quickly and calmly.

Boyfriend.

It made my eyes pop open a little, my stomach churned. It made me feel all happy and warm inside, but I also panicked slightly. Was it too soon for us to be in a relationship? What if he just said that to make this situation easier.

"Well I'm the owner." He replied, that same nasty look plastered on his face.

"Nice to meet you?" Jon raised a brow, resting his head in his hands.

"If you're not gonna order anything then you need to leave." He snapped.

"I'll have a coffee then, gonna be up late tonight anyways." Jon looked at him, clasping his hands together.

He stood for a moment, I could tell he was pissed off, but I guess he chose not to argue. I don't really know what he had against Jon anyways...

"Well, get to work then." He grumbled, sliding his hand across my ass as he walked past me.

"Ay, what the fuck was that you fuckin' creep?" Head snapped, standing up from his seat.

"I don't know what you're talking about." The owner stopped, I could see the nervousness on his face. He'd been caught.

I was used to him doing this to me. Ever since I started working for him he'd been doing it. I'd asked him to stop and even told other people about what was happening, but nothing was ever done or changed. This was the only place that would hire me, so for my own sake I would just suck it up and pretend that nothing happened.

"Yes you do man, don't act like you didn't just do that to her. We saw it happen." Munky stated with an angered expression.

"I didn't do anything to her." He held up his hands in defense.