Chapter 7

Chapter 7

My feet dragged forward as Jason pulled me toward the hospital exit.
    "Jason, where are you taking me? I can't leave Ana in there," I protested.

    Jason suddenly stopped, cupping my cheeks, "Haze, trust me. The doctor said she's fine right? She just needs a little more time to rest, but in the meantime, your well-being is important."

    'He really should stop calling me that,' but still I can't deny, that his words sent a wave of warmth to my heart. He searched my eyes like he was waiting for an agreement of some sort.

I nodded, giving him a small nod and he smiled in return.

    He led me outside the hospital towards his SUV. Helping me in before walking over to the driver's side.

    “Just trust me and calm down, ok?" He asked, casting me a glance before focusing fully on the road.

    I let my head rest on the seat, feeling drained as well.

    After a few minutes of driving, the car suddenly came to a halt. I raised my head weakly, observing the lavish building in front of us, which looked like a villa of some sort.

    “What is this place?”

    Jason simply smiled, as he shut off the ignition and climbed down the car.
    Seconds later, I felt the car door open and he helped me out.

    I was too weak and tired to take a proper look at the house so I just let him lead me in.

    Jason ushered me in and I was left to marvel at the lavishness of the interior decor.

    We were in a plush living room and the rug felt so soft in my feet that I felt like resting my head a bit.

    "You need to relax and freshen up. You have not been yourself lately," he said softly.

    I turned to stare at him. Why is he being so nice to me all of a sudden? I was instantly reminded of his actions earlier, using my child as a blackmail to marry him.

    My expression turned sour immediately.

    "Why did you bring me here Jason? And why do you care if I am okay or not? Last I remember, you didn't bother to know how you felt before using Ana, YOUR daughter, as a means to blackmail me. "

    Memories of that fateful day flashed in my head all over again. How he had blatantly called me a slut and a golddigger because I claimed I was pregnant.

    Well, it was my mistake after all. Hell, I was the one that approached him for the sex.

    I shook my head, "other than the fact that you're the father of my child. I don't know you...nor trust you, Jason," I heaved a sigh making my way to the exit but he held me back.

    "You've got it all wrong Hazel. We do know each other, and you know that."

    I shook my head, but he continued, "And to answer your question, I know it might be hard to get you to trust me, right now. But believe me when I say, I care so much about you."

    My childhood isn't something I love to recall. If he's truly the person I think he is...

    'No,' I shook my head, discarding the thought. My head throbbed painfully. I hadn't slept a wink last night.
    "I'm not doing this with you right now, I need to leave,"

    "Just freshen up, okay. You can leave after, if you want to." He held my arms like he was scared I would leave, "Please?"

    I heaved a sigh and reluctantly nodded. Then, he pointed me toward the guest bathroom.