Chapter 8

Chapter 8

JASON

I gripped my hands on the steering wheel as I drove steadily. I couldn't be bothered about Alexis.

"What does she mean by that Jason?" Hazel's tearful voice reached me.

I chuckled slowly as I glanced at her, "You shouldn't take Alexis' words seriously. She's all talk and no action."

One thing for sure is, I am glad the damn marriage is over. I couldn't keep up with her annoying acts. The most she could do was run crying to her Daddy---  which I'm sure she had done already, due to the phone call I had received from my father earlier today. He had threatened to take my position in the company away from me if I did not amend things with her.

But that's the last thing I would do. Not after the sacrifices I had put in this company. Moreover, who does he possibly have in mind? I'm his only heir.

I glanced at Hazel. She seemed to have calmed down as we neared the hospital.

Eventually, I drove towards the parking lot of the hospital. 

Hazel suddenly faced me just as the car came to a halt, sounding a little pissed.

"Look, I don't care what couple's beef you both have, but I think you should sort it out with her. As stated in the contract, I don't care what you do with your life...YOU asked for this, so you should deal with it."

Her speech took me by surprise, but I sighed, "I told you, Hazel, you shouldn't take.."

She turned her face to the side, unbuckled her seat belt, and hopped out of the car, completely ignoring me.

My jaw clenched angrily as her words resounded in my ears. The mention of the damned conditions she had added in the contract made anger course through my veins.

I watched her silently as she made her way out of the parking garage and into the hospital.

A few seconds later, I alighted from the car and made my way to the hospital.

Hazel was talking to a nurse at the counter when I walked in. She was about to go in when I grabbed her wrist, making her turn in my direction, and catching her by surprise.

Almost falling off her heels, I held her waist steady, looking into her dark hazel eyes.

"What the hell?" She screeched, her mouth parting in surprise as she made eye contact with me.

My gaze immediately went down to her chest level, the upper buttons of her shirt were bare, exposing the plump delicate flesh of her boobs, making my heart race as desire flowed through my veins.

Breathing heavily, I traced my gaze back to her face and was immediately drawn to her plump lips, my cock tightening in my pants.

'You're fucking beautiful,' I muttered, tracing my fingers on her face, completely forgetting the reason I grabbed her in the first place, and not giving a damn we are standing at the center of the hospital ground.

A group of doctors and nurses suddenly walked past us, bringing me back to my senses.

Hazel immediately disengaged from me, her mouth parted, to possibly lash at me, but the commotion in the hallway caught our attention.

The doctors and nurses seemed to be in flight mode as they all rushed towards the patient's wards.

"What is going on?" Hazel asked a nurse passing by with a concerned look but the nurse simply ignored and hurriedly continued on her way.

It took me a moment to realize they were heading towards the children's ward. I looked at Hazel and she stared back at me, seeming to come to the same realization.