CHAPTER 30 - LOVE LIKE HEER RANJHA

Main maangta hoon khuda se,

meri kismat mein tera naam likh de,

Do pal ki khushiyon mein tera naam likh de,

Ki jab dekhu tujhe kisi aur ke saath,

Usse pehle meri jaan likh de.

ARJUN

After Roshni went away, I stood there like a statue noticing every single movement of her. She was sitting on the bed fidgeting with her fingers to stop the shivering of her hands. Her gaze was fixed at her legs, and she didn't look at me for once.

But I can't wait anymore, I have already waited enough to hold her in my arms.

" Noor " I called her from where I was standing. This room feels suffocating to me because my Noor is not smiling. Her smiles just brighten my surroundings.

She stood from her place, and looked at me, and started crying profusely while holding her head down.

Oh God, my heart.

I quickly walked towards her with big steps and cupped her cheeks and wiped the tears from her cheeks. She held my palms which were on her cheek, and I shook my head and said simultaneously.

" Noor, baby, please. Aur aansun nahi dekh paunga main inn aankhon mein."

[ I can't see anymore tears in these eyes]

I kept wiping her cheeks which were red because of crying " Tumhara ek ek aansun dard de raha hai mujhe, aur main ye dard seh nahi paa raha hoon Noor"

[ Your every tear is paining me and I am not able to handle this pain]

Her wet lashes met mine and every drop felt like a flood to my heart. Leaving my hands, she wrapped her arms around my torso and kept her head on my chest while sniffing.

The moment she hugged me for comfort, I immediately wrapped her in my arms and picked her up from the floor. She placed her face in my neck, and I could feel her tears on my neck.

" Shhh baby. You need to stop crying or else I won't be able to breathe." I rubbed her back to console her and told her what's going inside me.

I kissed her on the head and repeated the action time and again to assure her and myself that she is safe and with me.

" Hum bahut darr gaye the " she mumbled against my neck. I tighten my hold on her while closing my eyes and placed a kiss on her ear and apologized.

[ I got so scared]

" I am sorry bacha, meri galti hai, mujhe jaana hi nahi chahiye tha tumhe chorr ke"

[ It's my fault. I shouldn't have leave you alone]

It is my fault. When I should have been here, protecting her, I went away leaving her alone. I couldn't even protect her. I will never forgive myself.

I again kissed her head and mumbled " I am sorry, I am so sorry "