୨⎯006⎯୧

Tatyana

MY MIND HAS been in circles since last night, I was still having a hard time understanding that Kane said he needed me.

He literally admitted to needing me more than I need him. Which was true. What shocked me wasn't me already being aware of that, him saying it shocked me more.

Almost as if he was desperate or as if I was his last hope.

Whatever I was to him, I planned on finding out. I walk down the stairs, making my way towards the dining room where I found a line of kitchen staff standing there like statues.

"Good Morning."

The voices greet him scaring the hell out of me. I force a smile to hide my confusion as to why they were acting strangely.

Since my arrival they would only greet me subtly or sometimes not even at all. I guess after yesterday, the way I spoke to Kane must've scared them or realized my place in this house.

God, I sound just like him.

Place in this house.

I have no place here. I need to remind myself that my home is in Chicago, with my brother and my actual life.

After Kane gets his title, and his father dies, I will divorce his ass, and leave him faster than Britney Spears did Jason Alexander.

I passed the kitchen staff walking towards the dining room where Julien stood in his normal spot. I slowly began to enter the room, and my steps falter in the moment as my eyes land on the figure seated at the other side of the table.

Across from where I normally sit was him— The powerful and dangerous man who made his disdain for my presence abundantly. With a flick of his wrist, he glanced down at his watch as if he had been waiting a long time or something.

What in the hell?

His harden glare softens when his eyes met mine, the air seemed to crackle with anticipation as I watch him rise from his seat.

His movements were confident and high as his ego when he adjusts his dress shirt and walks towards me.

I swallowed hard, straightening my shoulders when he steps behind the chair I normally sit in and pull it out.

For me.

"Join me for breakfast." He starts, motioning for me to take a seat.

"Okay." I say slowly unsure what his intentions were behind this. Was this his way of trying to be nice or treat me better?

I approach the open seat with my gaze never leaving his as I turn and sit down. He even goes out his way and pushes me in, before he walks back over to the other side of the table and takes a seat.

I blink in confusion as he takes the cloth napkin and spreads it over his lap, he shifts his gazes with Julien, giving him a nod.

"Did you sleep well?"

He asks causally, and I nod carefully. Within seconds, his kitchen staff walk into the room holding trays of food. Each member of the entourage move with a quiet efficiency.