୨⎯007⎯୧

Kane

I sighed in annoyance at the spreadsheet in front of me, all of this information was wrong. Something wasn't adding up, more so the numbers, I jot down the information on a note pad before turning my attention to the loudness outside my door.

"Sir. No."

"You aren't allowed in there."

I roll my eyes as the door opened, revealing my friend of twenty years. "My lord, you're never going to find happiness if you don't stop working so hard."

Javier exclaims as he waltz into my office, claiming a seat on one of the couches, despite my assistants efforts to stop him.

"Do you have to be so loud when you disturb my tranquility?" I ask him flipping the papers on the sheet.

He unbuttons his shirt, getting comfortable as if he lived here before speaking, "So, how's marriage life treating you?" He mocks with an obnoxious laugh.

"I'm not married yet, retard. Don't you have somewhere else to be? For example terrorizing people with your corny jokes?" I ask him and his chuckles softly.

"I'm assuming the twenty-four year old isn't acting as you thought she would?" He asks, with his arms to his chest.

No. She isn't.

I ignore his question before asking my own, "Did you manage to get the information I asked for?" I say turning my attention to my computer screen.

"I'm going to start asking you to say please." He starts before pulling out his cell phone, he tapes on the screen for a couple seconds before airdropping me.

In the airdrop was a document with more information on Tatyana's brother and her background overall. I must find a weakness of hers, she foolishly made the mistake of assuming she had some type of control over me.

"It's not much but it's all I can find so far." He adds.

"What exactly am I supposed to be looking at?" I say with my eyes searching the pieces of information.

"While for starters, her parents both have been off the grid for years, almost as if neither of them existed. At least for not for her, there isn't any sign that she's been in contact with them. At the age of 18, a couple of months before high school graduation she left her mother's house, and moved in with her brother. Speaking of which, I had some people keep taps on her brother's whereabouts and it seems as if he moved out the apartment two days after your arrival."

Moved out or got kicked out?

So basically this girl is utterly alone in this cruel world, she's not in contact with her parents, and her pathetic brother is the only person who seems to have any empathy for her.

I nod at the information, "Keep tabs on him." I tell him, and Javier chuckles before looking at me.

"I must ask, why do you care so much about her information on her family if none of what's going on is supposed to be real?" He questions me.

I knit my brows confused in my expression, "Care? I don't not care for her or her useless family. Why would I? She is completely out of her mind. I mean just yesterday she was yelling at me, and acting as if she held any power." I state.