୨⎯021⎯୧

Kane

Kane

I'LL KILL HIM. I'm going to kill Javier with my bare hands for even suggesting for me to do this. Especially when it looked like it would pour down sooner or later, today was the worst day to do something like this.

"Where are you taking me? Can I open my eyes now?" Tatyana asks in annoyance, having the patience of a hungry baby.

"Not yet."

I tell her before I chew on my inner lip in anticipation as I stand behind her and Elena. "This is ridiculous, can't you just tell me already?" She asked with her curiosity bubbling over as we approached the entrance to Gardaland.

According to Javier, it was Italy's number one amusement park and a perfect place to make up for my disappearance during our honeymoon. I even rented out the place for a day so she could be free of the press and nosy citizens trying to get a peek at the inside of our lives.

I should've explained more to her but I do not wish to get her more involved with my life than she already is. I knew for a fact if she wanted a chance at a normal life after we divorced, the best thing I could do is keep that life away from her.

"You seriously have no patience." I paused with a chuckle, motioning for Elena to stop as we stood in front of the main attraction at the park, one of the biggest rides operated here.

The Raptor.

Its towering structure pierces the sky, a labyrinth of loops, twists, and turns that defy gravity's grasp.

"Alright. You can open them."

I tell her and Elena removes her hands, and steps away joining Carlos who stood close by as well. For a moment I stopped breathing to see her reaction, watching as she looked around the empty park.

She hates it.
Of course, she does.
Only a child would like something like this.

I exhale trying to find a to explain myself as she turns to me. "I know it's stupid. I only wanted to make up for leaving you the way I did. I should've called you or reached out, but I wasn't thinking. Although this isn't a real marriage, I wanted you to have real excitement for your honeymoon." I scramble to say, and I wish my mouth had an off switch at how stupid I sounded.

Real excitement?

God, I should've asked Isabel for something like this. She's a girl, she would know better than Javier thirty-seven-year-old man who prefers to sleep around instead of making things right with his ex.

Speaking of exes, with Carmen, it was easier, you know planning dates and things to keep our failing relationship enjoyable. I knew what she liked, but I had no clue what Tatyana wanted or liked.

Her expression softens before she turns and faces me, "It's not stupid. It's sweet." She tells me.

Sweet? Really? That's good, right?