୨⎯030 ⎯୧

Tatyana

Tatyana

THE DRIVE TO KANE'S BUILDING WAS a blur filled of os much city lights and the rehearsed speech I managed to put together in the shower before getting dress.

The high-rise building in the dark night sent chills up and down my spine. Why was I doing this? Normally, I'd just wait at home for him, or wait till the next day to have a conversation with him.

But after last night, I was no longer just going to be "The Submissive Wife" who sits at home and waits. I had something to say, and I was going to make sure Kane heard it.

It was now or never.

I let out a deep sigh pushing back my pride before striding through the revolving doors with a confident grace.

Elena and Carlos followed closely behind me holding the lunch and treats I had purchased for Kane's employees.

Behind they followed discreetly but ever present, ensuring my safety and privacy. The buildings modern decor and polished floors reflect the soft light, adding to the air of sophistication.

I approach the front desk, greeting a woman and a security guard with a slight welcoming smile.

"Hello." I began with my voice smooth and composed.

The woman looked up from her screen halfway before speaking, "Do you know your parties access code?" She asks returning her attention with the screen causing me to read her name tag.

Faith.

"No, I'm actually he..." She cuts me off, "I'm afraid if you don't have an access code then you are trespassing. So I'm going to have to you to leave." She states.

Trespassing?

"You're not listening. I'm not trespassing anywhere. I am here to see Kane Diaz." I tell her seriously causing her to look up from her screen with a smirk.

"Look, lady. Do you think you're the first woman to walk in her and say that. Mr. Diaz is a very busy man, visiting him would require you to have an appointment scheduled. And the appointment gives you the access code. Since you have neither of those, we can't let you up." She pauses before standing to her feet.

"Please leave or I'll have security make you." She finishes with a warning, and I notice the man beside her stand up in a way to scare me and all I do is chuckle.

I notice Carlos approach the front desk and I swiftly rose my hand stopping him from making a hasty decision.

A playful smile forms on my lip, "Forgive me, faith. I wasn't aware that my husband's schedule was so exclusive that even I can't see him unexpectedly." I say smugly.