୨⎯008⎯୧

Tatyana

*Tatyana's Outfit For The Dinner*

-

"The number you are trying to reach is currently out of service."

The automated message reminded me for the seventh time this afternoon. My fingers trembled with panic welled inside of me, a tight knot of fear and worry.

Please pick up, Trey.

I pressed redial, hoping against hope for a different outcome but it was the same mechanical voice. Tears prickled at the corners of my eyes as a torrent of thoughts rushed through my mind.

Was he okay?

Had something a terrible happen to him? Or worse, had he decided to cut ties with me completely?

No, what if Kane did something to him? What if did something to him to get revenge back for me spending the one hundred-thousand dollars.

There was a sudden knock on the door, forcing me to push back the thought and stand up from the vanity, exhaling.

"Yes." I responded, and the door opens and there stands Rosa. Her eyes widening as she took in the sight off me standing before her.

"Good evening, Ma'am. Mr. Diaz is ready for you" She informs me and I nod sliding my phone into my purse, before following her out the room.

"You look stunning."

"Thank you, Rosa." I say softly as we approach the staircase. She nods before walking down the stairs first, revealing Kane.

A man of composed elegance, though his position as a wealthy typhoon were merely a façade is tailored suit cling to his broad shoulders and his posture exuded confidence.

My heels echoed down the marble stairs, captivating every gaze standing below as Kane, and his bodyguards behind him turn and face me.

I slowly descend the stairs, with the eyes of men tracing every curve, to my soft beat make up low-cut, neckline dress, to the way this dress sat high enough to see my perfect long legs.

I reached the bottom of the stairs, approaching him with a slight strut with his gaze, unable to tear away from me.

Politely before excusing herself before breaking eye contact with me. "You look... umm.." he stammered, his usual suave demeanor failing.