Chapter 12.5: Desire

"Hello!"

I was deep in my beautiful slumber when I heard an adorable feminine voice call out to my ears. However, I had no reason to wake up yet, as I had another five minutes until my natural body alarm woke me up on my own. Not only that, but I also don't recall ever purchasing an alarm clock or setting one on my phone. 

"Look!"

There was the voice again. It was still adorable, but it was irritable. I still wanted my peaceful slumber, so I ignored it again. 

"Hey! Listen!"

I opened my eyes, and I caught a glimpse of the face of a pink-haired girl who goes by the name Sakura Airi. She was right on top of me as I was sleeping. Her bright violet eyes were locked with mine, and her smile was as cheerful as ever. I could hear her cute, slow breaths as we faced each other.

"Nya!" Sakura let out a cute squeal reminiscent of a cat before addressing me. "Hi, Aya-chan, you look dull as usual!"

I thought she would say something like 'morning sleepyhead' or something more perky. I never thought she would act like an annoying cat. Even though it's been over a month since I met her, I still don't fully understand her. 

"Good morning, Sakura."

After greeting my uninvited guest, I looked down at her attire and noticed that she was wearing a pink sports bra, a purple bracelet, and black leggings with a pink hoodie tied around her waist as if she were dressed to go on a workout. 

Her bright smile quickly turned into a frown after a few seconds.

"Aw, come on. Not even the slightest shock on your face. I bet I'm better than your mother at waking you up from bed."

"Knowing you, I can't even be surprised you got into my room without my permission. However, can you at least explain how you managed to do so?"

"Aw, no can do, Nishishi!" Sakura raised one of her arms towards her face. "But, what I can do is be your alarm clock for today."

Having a cute girl wake you up sounds ideal for most men.  

However, when that girl is Sakura, whose mission is to mess with me, I prefer not to have said girl waking me up early in the morning. 

"You could've messaged me like a normal person."

"But that's boring. I wanted to do something special for my bestie! I would never do this with anyone else! Besides, it's time to train! "

Sakura hopped off my bed, strode into my closet, and started spectating the items inside. 

"Geez, Aya-chan? You really need to buy more clothes, as there's barely anything in here. Oh wait, I forgot we have no points." Sakura remarked sarcastically as she grabbed my red tracksuit the school provided us with for physical education courses and threw the clothes onto my face. "Alrighty, sleepyhead, chop chop!"

I grabbed my tracksuit off my face and stared at it momentarily. 

Now, I wasn't going to let Sakura barge into my room and let her boss me around without any consequences. 

"Alright, Mom, I'll get ready for you."

"Who are you calling a mom!" 

Sakura glared at me with contempt, with her face flashing red, clearly not pleased that I referred to her as a mother. 

"Well, since you insist on barging into my room and waking me from my peaceful slumber like an annoying mother."

"Who taught you to be sassy!"