3

"This boy! He didn't take his bag. Kookie, take Tae's bag to his room!" Mrs. Kim exclaimed, bustling around the living room and the kitchen.

Jungkook felt his heart racing, his mind buzzing with thoughts.

Why was he even nervous?

It's not that he's scared of the the younger. It's just something—something he can't describe, something he's been feeling around him.

It's not that Taehyung would do something wrong to him. Hell, the younger can't even think like that.

Yet he knew, Taehyung would do something that would leave a deep mark on his heart, putting him into deep thoughts.

He felt guilty. He felt hopeless. He had done everything he could to prevent the younger from getting deeper into all of this. But instead, he found his own heart getting disturbed.

He was feeling all messed up inside, his heart all confused.

Over the distance between them, he felt various emotions, discovered new feelings, that he couldn't comprehend.

Or perhaps he was scared to truly understand them.
He wouldn't be able to bear the consequences of it.

In the world's eyes, they're considered brothers, and on top of that, society doesn't approve of such relationships.

"Kookie!"

Jungkook came out of his trance.

"Y-yes, mom! Yes, I-I am going."

He grabbed Taehyung's bag and ascended the stairs, each step felt heavier than the last.

He slowly made his way to Taehyung's room, a space that had remained untouched. Taehyung was not in his room as he had guessed.

He closed the door of the younger's room which was freshly cleaned and organized.. just yesterday.

Then he nervously made his way back to his own room.

(Or perhaps, he should say'their room' )

"I want a separate room for myself," The ten-years-old Taetae announced suddenly.

"Aren't you scared to sleep alone, son?" Mrs. Kim asked, her confusion evident in her tone.

Ignoring the question, Taehyungie continued packing his small bag.

"I'm going to Koo's room," he declared as he walked out...like a little king.

"Didn't he just say he wanted a 'Separate room' for himself?" Mrs. Kim muttered, confusely. But then shook her head, smilingly.

                                _____________________________

"Koo," Taehyung called out again.

"Yes, Taetae?"

"Kooku," Taehyung whined.

"Just a minute, baby, please," Jungkook said, keeping his book in his bag and stretching his arms before standing up.

"Bag?" Jungkook inquired, eyeing the bag.

"I am staying here," Taehyung said, more like declared, plopping down on the bed.

Jungkook chuckled. He joined the younger one on the bed. Taehyung cuddled him immediately.