5

"I mean, I will introduce my love whenever you all want, but I guess it'll be better after some time."

Their parents exchanged glances, teasing Taehyung with playful smiles.

Taehyung's displayed a smile to them which faded as he looked at Jungkook.

"Can't wait to meet my lover, huh? " He whispered in a low, intense tone.

How could the elder act like he really doesn't care?

Taehyung's eyes flashed with frustration and pain as he locked eyes with the elder.

"How eager of You to tie my Knot in Marriage, Jungkook?" He added with a venomous edge to his tone.

Jungkook met his gaze, finding a swirling sea of emotions. Behind his intense, dark eyes, there was a glint of unshed tears.

Though his gaze held anger, it also unveiled vulnerability.

Jungkook eyes glistened with tears as he looked intently into the younger's eyes. His hands moved with tender grace, first brushing against Taehyung's forehead, then gently covering his eyes.Taehyung closed his eyes in response, surrendering to the comforting touch.

Jungkook's right hand continued its gentle caress, running through his hair with a soothing rhythm, offering silent care in that moment.

Taehyung clenched his fist, swallowed back his tears, and tightened his jaw.

How could he allow himself to be so affected by Jungkook's touch and gentle caress alone?

How could he let himself get so messed up by Jungkook's just touching him?

He couldn't stand the elder continually toying with his heart, only to eventually leave him behind.

Their parents looked on with confusion, surmising/guessing that the youngers were talking about Taehyung's secret lover.

They assumed Taehyung must have told Jungkook about it, even though he hadn't shared it with anyone else.

Jungkook noticed their stares and managed a forced smile.

"T-tae s-seems tired. He should rest now."

"And I-I'm heading to bed too, Mom. Dad, you should go as well. Don't want you being late for the meeting," he added with a small smile.

Mr Jeon pretended to sulk while Mr. Kim tried to stifle a chuckle. "And you too, Dad. No more office dashes. It's bedtime. I don't want to catch you running through the office with your shoes in hand,"

Mr. Kim sulked, while the others couldn't help but laugh loudly. Jungkook smiled at them and gently removed his hand from Taehyung's head.

He stole a glance at Taehyung, who remained quiet and kept his gaze lowered.

Lastly, wishing them 'Good night', he hurried to his room.

"Our Co-CEO has been quite strict lately," Mr. Jeon remarked.

"That's because you've been slacking off (being lazy), my dear," Mrs. Jeon muttered.

"I wonder how Taehyung will handle working under him during training," Mr. Kim said, chuckling.

"Come on, honey! Jungkook will never be tough on his baby bro," Mrs. Kim said as she chuckled.

Taehyung's jaw tensed, a flash of anger and annoyance flickering in his eyes. Deep down, it stoked a fire inside him, being unable to express what Jungkook actually meant to him.