Chapter 15

I headed to class, the events of the previous night still fresh in my mind. As I checked my phone, a message from an unknown number caught my attention. The tone was sharp, accusatory, and I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"Who do you think you are, getting the cops involved? You think you can just hide behind your friends? You're not as safe as you think."

I frowned, my heart racing as I realized it was from the anonymous stalker who had been tormenting me. How had they managed to bypass Alex's security measures? Fear gnawed at my insides as I tried to compose myself, unsure of what to do next.

The message sent chills down my spine, and I felt a surge of panic rising within me. How had this person managed to evade Alex's security measures? Fear gripped me as I realized the extent of their reach.

With trembling fingers, I typed out a response, my mind racing with questions and uncertainty.

"Who are you?" I texted back, my voice shaky with apprehension. "What do you want from me?"

But as the seconds ticked by, there was no response. Only silence, leaving me to grapple with the unsettling realization that my stalker was closer than I had ever imagined.

I glanced around nervously, my heart pounding as I made my way to class. The familiar surroundings did little to comfort me, and I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched.

As I sat in class, my mind was a whirlwind of thoughts. I tried to focus on the lecture, but every word seemed to blur together as I thought about the anonymous message. Who was this person? And more importantly, how could I protect myself?

During a break, I pulled out my phone again, hoping for some sign of communication from the unknown sender. But the only thing waiting for me was silence, amplifying my growing sense of dread.

With a deep breath, I decided it was time to take action. I needed to confront Alex about the security breach. He had to have an explanation—and a plan to ensure my safety. Gathering my resolve, I made a mental note to speak with him as soon as possible. But as the class resumed, my thoughts kept drifting back to the chilling message and the ominous presence of my unseen tormentor. It was a battle to keep my composure, to maintain the facade of normalcy amidst the turmoil raging within me. But deep down, I knew that the danger lurking in the shadows was far from over.