Chapter 35

I continued to clean, my movements becoming more mechanical as my mind drifted into a haze of boredom and frustration. The music in my head was the only solace, a temporary escape from the reality of my captivity.

Suddenly, I sensed his presence before I even saw him. Kael, leaning against the wall with that infuriating smirk on his face, watching me with amusement as I clumsily danced around the kitchen.

I glared at him, my hands tightening into fists as I fought the urge to lash out at him. "What do you want now?" I snapped, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

He chuckled, pushing himself off the wall and sauntering over to me with deliberate slowness. "Just enjoying the view, darling," he replied, his voice smooth and seductive.

I rolled my eyes, a surge of anger coursing through me as he drew closer. "You think this is funny, don't you?" I retorted, my tone laced with irritation.

His grin widened, a glint of mischief dancing in his eyes. "Oh, it's downright hilarious," he replied, his voice low and husky.

I scoffed, shaking my head in disbelief. "You're sick," I muttered under my breath, turning away from him to hide the flush creeping up my cheeks.

He chuckled, his hand reaching out to gently grasp my chin and force me to look at him. "And yet, here you are, still dancing to my tune," he murmured, his breath hot against my skin.

I jerked away from him, my heart pounding with a mixture of fear and defiance. "I'll never submit to you," I spat, my words filled with venom.

His laughter echoed through the room, sending a chill down my spine. "Oh, Ava," he said, his voice dripping with amusement. "You're like a wild animal, fighting against the inevitable."

I glared at him, my hands trembling with anger. "I'm not some plaything for you to toy with," I shot back, my voice trembling with rage.

His eyes darkened with something unreadable, and for a moment, I saw a flash of something akin to desire flicker across his face. But then it was gone, replaced by that same cold, calculating expression.

"You're mine now, Ava," he said softly, his voice sending shivers down my spine. "And whether you like it or not, you'll obey me."

I clenched my fists, refusing to let him see how much his words affected me. "I'll never give in to you," I declared, my voice wavering slightly despite my best efforts to sound confident.

He chuckled, a low, throaty sound that sent a shiver of apprehension down my spine. "We'll see about that, darling," he said, his tone laced with dark promise.

Before I could react, he closed the distance between us, his hand gripping my waist possessively. "You have spirit, I'll give you that," he murmured, his lips brushing against my ear in a gesture that made my skin crawl.

I pushed against him, trying to break free from his hold, but his grip only tightened. "Let go of me, you bastard," I spat, my voice tinged with desperation.

But he only chuckled, his other hand sliding down to cup my chin and tilt my head up to meet his gaze. "You're feisty, I'll give you that," he remarked, his voice low and dangerously seductive. "But trust me, Ava, resistance only makes this game more thrilling."

I struggled against him, my heart pounding with a mixture of fear and defiance. "I won't let you break me," I insisted, my voice trembling with anger and fear.

His grip on me tightened, his eyes burning with intensity. "Oh, I don't intend to break you, darling," he said, his voice sending a shiver down my spine. "I intend to bend you to my will."