Chapter 34

I cleaned the same spot for what felt like the hundredth time, my mind whirling with thoughts of escape. But I knew it was useless - I was Kael's prisoner, whether I liked it or not.

As I scrubbed at a particularly stubborn stain, I heard the door creak open. My heart raced as Kael stepped inside, his face and knuckles bloody.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice tinged with concern.

He looked at me, his eyes narrowing. "That's none of your concern," he growled, his voice low and dangerous.

I bristled at his tone, refusing to back down. "You brought me here against my will," I spat, my voice rising in anger. "I deserve to know what's going on."

He stalked towards me, his eyes blazing with fury. "You don't deserve anything, Ava," he snarled, his hand reaching out to grab me by the arm. "You're here because of your father's actions, not because of anything you've done."

I tried to pull away from him, but his grip was too strong. "My father didn't do anything wrong," I shot back, my words biting with anger. "You're just using me as leverage against him."

Kael's eyes narrowed, a cruel smirk twisting his lips. "And what if I am?" he taunted, his other hand moving to grip my chin and force me to look at him. "What are you going to do about it?"

I glared at him, my eyes flashing with defiance. "I'll do whatever it takes to get out of here," I spat, my voice dripping with venom.

He laughed, the sound filling the room with its dark, mocking tone. "You think you can outsmart me, Ava?" he said, his voice low and dangerous. "You're nothing but a spoiled little princess who's never had to fight for anything in her life."

I gritted my teeth, refusing to let his words get to me. "You have no idea what I'm capable of," I shot back, my voice trembling with suppressed rage.

Kael's grip tightened on my arm, his eyes blazing with fury. "Oh, I think I have a pretty good idea," he growled, his voice dripping with menace. "But if you want to play this game, Ava, then let's play."

I struggled against his hold, my heart pounding with fear and frustration. "I'm not playing any games," I insisted, my voice shaking with adrenaline.  "I'm not some pawn for you to use against my father," I declared, my voice trembling with a mix of defiance and fear. "I won't let you control me."

Kael's grip loosened slightly, but his eyes remained locked on mine, dark and unreadable. "You have no choice," he said softly, his voice sending shivers down my spine. "You're mine now, Ava. Whether you like it or not."

I swallowed hard, trying to suppress the panic rising inside me. "I'll never be yours," I whispered, my voice barely audible above the pounding of my own heart.

He leaned in closer, his breath hot against my skin. "We'll see about that," he murmured, his lips brushing against mine in a cruel parody of a kiss.

I wanted to scream, to fight back with every ounce of strength I had, but I knew it was useless. Kael had all the power in this situation, and I was powerless to stop him.

As he pulled away, a smirk twisted his lips. "You're mine to do with as I please," he declared, his voice low and menacing.

I glared at him, my heart racing with fear and anger. "I'm not some object for you to use," I spat, my words filled with venom.

He chuckled, a cruel gleam in his eye. "Oh, Ava," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "You really have no idea, do you? You're here because I want you here. And I'll do whatever it takes to keep you."

I felt bile rise in my throat at his words, but I refused to give him the satisfaction of seeing me break. "You haven't won yet," I retorted, my voice trembling with defiance. "I'll find a way to escape, and when I do, you'll regret ever crossing me."

Kael's laughter echoed through the room, chilling me to the bone. "Oh, Ava," he said, his voice dripping with amusement. "You're even more entertaining than I thought. But mark my words, you'll soon learn your place."

I gritted my teeth, refusing to let him see how much his words affected me. "I'll never submit to you," I vowed, my voice filled with determination.

His eyes flashed with something unreadable, and for a moment, I saw a hint of uncertainty flicker across his face. But then it was gone, replaced by that same cold, calculating expression.

"We'll see about that," he said softly, his voice sending a shiver down my spine. He released his grip on my arm, his fingers trailing lightly down my skin in a gesture that sent a shiver of revulsion through me.

"You'll learn to obey me, Ava," he said, his voice low and dangerous. "And when you do, you'll realize that resistance is futile."

I clenched my fists, refusing to let him see how terrified I really was. "I'll never give in to you," I vowed, my voice trembling with anger.

He smiled, his eyes gleaming with malicious intent. "We'll see about that," he murmured, his voice sending a chill down my spine.

With that, he turned and left the room, leaving me alone with my fear and defiance. But deep down, I knew that my fight was far from over.