Chapter 14

Atlas' POV

It's been two days and Liliana is still nowhere to be seen since the last time we talk. Or at least we tried to.

"You want to reject her! Of course she'll run away!" My wolf, Axton, shouted in my mind. He has been angry with me for days now and I can't blame him. I'm fuck up!

"I can feel her wolf's pain. It's your fault. Mate is in pain because of you." He lamented in my head again and before he gave me another serious headache, I blocked him off.

I sighed heavily and raised the glass of whisky in my right hand and gulped it.

Running away is futile, Liliana.

I know where she's hiding. There's only one place she keeps on going whenever she has a problem. Only one person. I don't understand why instead of going there so that I could finish rejecting her, I'm actually thankful that she's away.

The day I found out that she's my mate, I was a bit shocked but in the back of my mind, I already knew it would happen. I could feel it. My wolf can feel it. Ever since she was young, I already know she's meant for me.

I felt my fist clenched and I poured more whiskey in my glass and drank it. The Moon Goddess must've been so cruel. So, so cruel.

Liliana's POV

"Are you sure you're going home now? You can stay here all you want." Elaine asked me for the millionth time today as I dressed myself in front of her. I shook my head as I looked at her direction.

"I've been staying here for a while now. Liliani might become worried if I still don't come home tonight." I answered as I combed my wet hair.

I hear her sight as she continues looking at me with unasked questions.

"What if you bump into Atlas again? What if he rejects you for real now?" she said with concern in her tone.

I felt my heart ache with the mention of my mate's name and it took me minutes to compose myself before I answered so my voice wouldn't break.

"I'm only prolonging my destined fate, Elaine. If only I didn't make a promise with Altus that I will stay away from his brother until his mind is cleared, then I would have surrendered myself to his mercy the moment he told me he doesn't want me"

My friend's eyes widened in shock. "So you'll let him reject you now?" she asked, her voice raising as if my idea is crazy. I know it is.

"No." I said with finality. "I made a promise with Altus and it's been days since I last saw Atlas. I'm thinking that maybe..." I trailed off.

"Maybe what?" my friend probed. My eyes closed and opened again with a slight glint of hope in them. "That maybe he changed his mind and he's willing to accept me now." I said a bit hopeful.