Prologue

15 YEARS AGO IN RUSSIA...December 15, 21XX

A pained scream pierced the hospital room as doctors scrambled around the hospital room. Labored breaths puffed out the pained woman's mouth as another contraction hit her like a train. She didn't know what to do. She knew that she was going to die. That she wasn't going to be able to protect her little girl from her father's cunning manipulation. That she wasn't going to be able to even see her after this. But the only thing she knew she could do was sob in pain as another birth contraction tore through her.

What could she do?

What could she do for her baby?

Could she really leave her alone in this cruel world? Where her own husband would use their daughter like a pawn, like he does to the people of his own organization?

Was she really that powerless?

Her heart felt broken and it fell into despair...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

But

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

.

.

IT REFUSED

The soon to be mother gritted her teeth, now filled with a fierce determination. She refused to be that man's pawn any longer. She was free damnit! She wasn't a machine! She was human! She'd fight for her freedom. She was going to fight with everything she had. She would do anything to protect her little one.

.

.

.

.

.

Absolutely anything

She breathed calmly as she peered at the doctors and nurses that ran around the room like mice. All under the control of her husband. All was afraid of him and so, when ordered by him to not speak to her unless needed, they listened like blind cattle.

.

.

.

.

.

.

She hated cattle like them

.

..

.

.

.

.

.

.

All except one.

A male doctor, who she knew in her childhood years, was amongst the many doctors and nurses (cattle, her mind mused helpfully.). She knew him since elementary school during their time in her birth country Japan (home...she missed home so much.), her meeting him in Musutafu after she moved from Yokohama. He moved to Russia when she was 16 and he was 18 due to a doctorate scholarship he received. She was always under the pretense that she would never see him again...