3 | Making Up

"Like I said, it can get wild, so be careful. Also, avoid the makeout corner over there."
Michael warned as he passed me a cup of juice.

He pointed to a corner of the room where there was about 5 people all making out and touching each other.

"Step in that space, and you'll be free real estate."

I assumed he meant people would think you wanted to be kissed and touched.

Just then, a strange man came and stood next to me. He was on the heavier side and had a slit in his right eyebrow.

"I haven't seen you here, before. You new?"
He asked in a low voice while checking out my body.

"Um.. yes?"
I replied.

He put his arm around my shoulder played with my hair.

"You wanna go to my place? We can get to know each other better."

Michael pushed his hand off me.
"He's with me. Thank you."

The man huffed his nasty breath and left.

"Thanks."
I took another step closer to Michael. I got the feeling that it wouldn't happen again if people thought I was with him.

"That was Angus. He's got a bit of a sadistic kink, so careful with him. Unless you're into that."

I shook my head.
Michael must thought it was funny or something. He smiled and looked away.

Finally, he looked back at me.
"Wanna dance?"

The music was more techno than when I first got there. There must have been a dj somewhere.

"Sure! Let's go."

I jumped with excitement. I couldn't dance to save my life, but I was going to make the most out of being in a place like that. Even if it meant looking like an idiot.

He smiled and lead me to where everyone was dancing. He started swaying on beat while having his hands out near his chest. It looked funny to me but I copied him anyways.
The music changed from one hit song to another and I found myself dancing my own dances soon enough. I have no idea if they were good or not, but for the first time, I didn't have to care who was watching. I didn't have to care what anyone thought.

Once in a while, a man I didn't know would dance next to me and try to ask my name and stuff. I pretended I couldn't hear them and just danced. They eventually moved on to the next person. Michael and I laughed every time.

We got tired eventually and went to sit down at another table to eat.

"This is so fun."
I was out of breath and my feet began to ache. I'd never danced so much in my life.
"Thanks for bringing me here."

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself."

The table next to us was laughing and yelling repeatedly. I watched them for a second and noticed a bottle in the middle of their table spinning. It seemed cool for a second. I grabbed a nearby empty bottle and spun it on the table.
I smiled at how fast it was.

Michael turned his head to watch my bottle too. Just when I thought it'd never end, it stopped. And it was pointing at Michael.
He quietly used his finger to spin it again.

I suddenly felt lonely and I found myself wishing that I was with Lou. I wondered if he would like a place like that. A place where we could be together in public for once. My heart began to ache and suddenly I wasn't having fun anymore.

Michael noticed my shift in energy.
"You okay? We can leave if you're tired."

I thought of my aching feet and nodded.