Chapter 10 ~ New Task

Diana's POV

I failed in every attempt to tell Sarah about yesterday's incident. I thought not to give this issue a big shape.

At Night, I put Large-sized men's shoes outside on the shoe rack. I used chair, flyweights, and boxes to ensure myself. It would hold the door for a minute or more than that.

For more safety, I put the doorstep alarm in front of the door and scattered some on the mattress and in Natalie's room.

I installed a door alarm system in my house and spread some iron nails all over the windows.

I gave Natalie a buzzer if she needed me.

I downloaded the sound of the police car's siren on my phone for emergencies and put a portable knife in the side drawer in my bedroom.

Besides this safety, I still couldn't sleep. I asked Natalie to sleep with me. She was with me, next to me but I was not sure about the safety.

I was checking doors and windows every five minutes. I couldn't sleep all night. Surprisingly, I didn't need a mug of coffee to stay awake.

I had dark circles and puffy eyes the next day.

(In office)
I didn't greet Sarah. She called me from the back but I wasn't paying attention.

She again called my name but loudly this time. Everyone was looking at her and then at me but I didn't turn back as I was zoned out.

I was constantly stressed because of the flashbacks of that night and concerned about Natalie.

I went into my Cabin and sat on my chair. I put my head on the headrest and closed my eyes.

I didn't know when I slept and started dreaming.

I woke up after hearing a loud 'Boo'.

There was Pandora.

"What is this behaviour?" I asked, irritated.

"Make it a habit," Pandora Answered. After seeing my perplexed reaction, she added, "Of booing!"

"You may leave!" I declared.

Pandora said, "Very eager to sleep again in the working hours?"

"No, Eager to send you back to the other branch," I said with composing stoicness on my face.

"So, You can do whatever you want? Sleeping, gambling in office accounts, huh?" She spoke.

I composed myself and answered, "It shouldn't concern you."

"I work for this company, it is concerning for me," She replied.

I sighed and asked, "Does it concern you because you work here or you can't do it like me?"

She smirked, "Honestly speaking, BOTH! But Always remember, there's nothing on this petite earth that pandora can't do."

She flipped her hair back and was going out of my cabin.

She stopped at a certain distance and turned back, then said, "Be ready, I'm gonna show you the exit soon."

She finally left my cabin. She was definitely going to do something.

I had one more thing to stress about. I had to outsmart her every move to save myself.

--------------

Third Person

"Hee- Help me-! Please" Diana screamed on her phone.

"Diana? What happened?" Other voice followed by.