Chapter 4

"तेरी आँखों में ख़्वाब हैं बेहद प्यारे,
तेरी मुस्कान में छुपी हैं बहारें।
तेरी हर बात में छुपी हैं मोहब्बत की कहानी,
तू है वो ख़ुशबू, जिसमें बसी हैं हर खुशी की निशानी।"
🌷

"तेरी आँखों में ख़्वाब हैं बेहद प्यारे,तेरी मुस्कान में छुपी हैं बहारें।तेरी हर बात में छुपी हैं मोहब्बत की कहानी,तू है वो ख़ुशबू, जिसमें बसी हैं हर खुशी की निशानी।" 🌷

The air was heavy with tension as Atharv sat alone in the dimly lit living room, the events of the evening replaying in his mind like a broken record. His daughter, Lakhilya, stormed out of the dining hall crying.

Atharv buried his face in his hands, his heart heavy with regret. He had never intended for things to escalate the way they did. It had started as a simple disagreement, but his frustration had gotten the better of him, and his words had cut deeper than he ever intended.

With slow steps he reached out to Lakhilya's room. His wife-Akshita trying her best to console Lakhilya. Who is crying burying her face in the pillow. The weight of his actions bore down on him like a suffocating blanket.

He loved Lakhilya more than anything in the world, and yet he had let his anger cloud his judgment, causing irreparable damage to their relationship. Observing Atharv in Lakhilya's room akshita left the father-daughter duo to have a talk.

Atharv sat beside Lakhilya on the edge of the bed, feeling the weight of his daughter's sobs. The room, decorated for a future filled with hope and love, now seemed to close in on them.

"Lakhilya, meri bachi," Atharv said softly, brushing a strand of hair from his daughter's tear-streaked face.

(Lakhilya, my daughter.)

"Lakshu, i know whatever i said to you earlier was so terrible, but i arranged this marriage for your own good."

"Mujhe maaf kardo meri bachi." Atharv said holding her hand gently. Lakhilya stayed silent.

(Please, forgive me my daughter.)

Lakhilya took a shuddering breath, her voice barely a whisper. "Papa, I don't know if I can go through with this marriage. How can I marry a man I don't even know?"

Atharv felt a pang in his heart. He had always known this day would come, the day his daughter would question the traditions that had shaped their lives.

"Lakhilya, arranged marriages have been a part of our family for generations. It's not just about love; it's about trust, respect, and building a life together."

Lakhilya shook her head, her tears falling anew. "But I don't even know him. How can I trust him? How can I respect someone who is practically a stranger?"

Atharv sighed, pulling Lakhilya into a gentle embrace. "I know it's hard, my dear. When I married your mother, I had my doubts too. But over time, we built something beautiful together. We learned to love each other through trust and shared experiences."